Best size tires for a 2 inch lift?

Wampaging

I am 16, yesterday I just finally saved enough to get a TJ and bought a 97 TJ Sport, and I have a few months before I can actually get my license so in that time I wanna make it look great, one of the first things I was gonna do is replace the old rusty suspension with a some new ones and a 2in lift, then next would be rims and tires, what would be the best sizes I should use for a 2in lift.

Mine's lifted around 2" suspension and 1" BL and I'm running 32s. I should have gone with 33s but I wanted to avoid regearing. It's currently at the shop being regeared now o_O

EJcCJ8ml.jpg

I am 16, yesterday I just finally saved enough to get a TJ and bought a 97 TJ Sport, and I have a few months before I can actually get my license so in that time I wanna make it look great, one of the first things I was gonna do is replace the old rusty suspension with a some new ones and a 2in lift, then next would be rims and tires, what would be the best sizes I should use for a 2in lift.
Congrats on the Jeep. Start with a 2" lift and 31s. Within a couple of years you will be on 35s and broke. I'm on Jeep #19 now. It's an addiction and there is NO CURE!
p.s. My first TJ pictured. Notice the dates between stock and 35s.
stockjeep1.jpg
XMAS JEEP1.jpg

Last edited:
First of all congrats man, I bought my TJ as my first car 3 years ago when I was 17 and I can tell you you're in for some fun times. I've been running 31's on a 2 inch lift since I bought it which is the perfect size for the lift, although you'll never be satisfied with your tire size lol, I'm moving up to 33's soon enough. Enjoy the Jeep.

I look at it this way, the lift is to fit the tire. Pick what size tires you want then ask what you need to run those tires. I think it's a better way to look at the big picture, all the answers above are great but I wouldn't build around a lift height personally.

Reactions: JMT and RMETeeJay
My jeep had a 2" budget boost lift on it when I bought it and I added 33" tires. Its my daily driver so I don't do any rock crawling or mudding but I do take it off road on trails and no problems with rubbing.

20200628_224239.jpg

I have 2" lift with 1.25 BL with 31's. I would like to get 33's but it's a dog on the hills on the freeway as it is, LOL. I don't want to re gear anytime soon, so will stick with the 31's for now. May try 32's later down the road if I can find a set for free. LOL
D6747193-88CE-4C57-B55B-CE1F00628344.jpeg

Reactions: matkal and Vasq
If you go 31's you'll rub your front sway bar so make sure you get a rim with an offset . i run a 3 inch suspension lift with 31's, if i went any larger I would re-gear.

Reactions: Sancho
My jeep had a 2" budget boost lift on it when I bought it and I added 33" tires. Its my daily driver so I don't do any rock crawling or mudding but I do take it off road on trails and no problems with rubbing.

View attachment 173181

I love the way that sits, I've been generally shooting for the same thing, I've got 3 inch coils in front and 2 in the rear with 33s, also no tire interference anywhere.
IMG_5037.JPG
IMG_5088.JPG

Here’s stock height, flat fenders and 32s. If you don’t plan on getting off the road much this isn’t a bad look. Although I have an 1.25” body lift waiting to be put in, and am saving for a 2.5” Old man emu lift. Gonna tuck some 33s after that and call it a day.. Until I get bored of that too after a year.

C910641A-E778-44AC-94D9-3AA44EE89206.jpeg