Jeremy

Looking for the lowest profile skid plate for a 04 Rubicon TJ. I have a 1.25" body lift.

Oh, it's an auto btw.

After doing a ton of research on this it would appear that Savvy offers the best clearance and the best fit.

I've talked to a lot of Jeep experts about this including a local Jeep guru who has installed just about every skid plate out there (David Kishpaugh). He told me that of all the skid plates he's ever installed the best fitting and best clearance one is Savvy and nth degree.

Reactions: Wade
I have the Savvy gas tank skid waiting to be installed. I have the basic Savvy skid plate kit in my sights. Other parts? Perhaps one day, but the basic skid, crossmember and hanger are what I want right now. Just saving up the filthy lucre...

Reactions: Chris
I have the Savvy gas tank skid waiting to be installed. I have the basic Savvy skid plate kit in my sights. Other parts? Perhaps one day, but the basic skid, crossmember and hanger are what I want right now. Just saving up the filthy lucre...

I'm with you on that one. Just ordered the Savvy transfer case skid, but the gas tank skid and others are in the future!

Reactions: Wade
Anybody know if the Savvy skid will work with a 2.5L as well?

It doesn't say anything about it not fitting on their website. I just noticed they have an 03-06 skid plate and one for the 97-02 models as well.

I believe the earlier models like yours didn't have the transfer case hanging as low as it does on my 05 model.

It doesn't say anything about it not fitting on their website. I just noticed they have an 03-06 skid plate and one for the 97-02 models as well.

I believe the earlier models like yours didn't have the transfer case hanging as low as it does on my 05 model.

The only thing I'd be worried about is the manual transmissions are different for the 4.0 vs. 2.5 (ax-15 vs ax-5). And mine might be slightly higher, but it's definitely still a shovel. Last time I went out, had to clean a ton of dirt out of the front of it.

The only thing I'd be worried about is the manual transmissions are different for the 4.0 vs. 2.5 (ax-15 vs ax-5). And mine might be slightly higher, but it's definitely still a shovel. Last time I went out, had to clean a ton of dirt out of the front of it.

I know, it pisses me off. One reason I like the JK is because it doesn't have the factory shovel, haha! That's about the only thing I like about the JK.