waynepope66

Hey guys I have a 05 hardtop what is my best option for a summer top or bikini top

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Get a Spiderweb Shade. It's the best style Safari top out there, and for only $80 it's easily one of the best mods I've ever done.

I was really looking for something to protect my radio in case of rain it's really common to get some showers here

Well, if you want protection from the rain you really need a full top. If that's the case, the best soft top you can get hands down is the Bestop (that's the factory soft top).

My preference is for a safari length bikini top. That length covers to the back of the rear rollbar and shades back seat passengers, coolers, etc. and keeps most of the rain off the back seat if you get caught out. This is what I've been using for nearly 20 years and it works very well.

Last edited:
I was really looking for something to protect my radio in case of rain it's really common to get some showers here

I thought most jeep electronics were water resistant? Of course I wouldn't turn a water hose on it if it is.

Hey guys I have a 05 hardtop what is my best option for a summer top or bikini top

There is a used oem soft top on ebay now for 85.00 + shipping if you choose to go that route. You will also need a frame, I agree with Chris and Jerry if I didn't have a soft top I would definitely go with the spider shade or safari top.

I've been using the Clover Patch Convert-A-Top for six years. It turns your full soft top into a full length
safari top.jpg

safari top in no time and it fits in the glove compartment ready to go at any time. It works with or without the doors.
http://cloverpatch.info/convert-a-top/

Reactions: Chris