Best V8 for swap?

Definitely keep us posted, I want to follow the progress.

I hear you on the 5.3... it's a lot more expensive.

00A2B8A7-A691-4310-9BCA-3AA3A34D1B50.jpeg

Can you elaborate on the cost difference for going the 4.8 route and not the 5.3? I ask because I have a 2002 or 2003 4WD Chevy truck available to purchase for $1200 that has the 5.3/4L60E package. I figured I would yank what I need and part off the rest to make some money back. Just curious as to what areas you see the cost savings at by going the 4.8 route.
Sorry for the late response, all the 5.3 I looked at were asking $1500-$3000 just for the motor.

Sorry for the late response, all the 5.3 I looked at were asking $1500-$3000 just for the motor.
Sure, I went for the 5.3 as they are a dime a dozen, I agree the 4.8 is a good motor no question. My reason was there are a lot of them out there, parts are easy, a lot of people have completed the 5.3 swap into a jeep and they are easily modifiable. I bought headers and a pile of new parts for the 53 and will all the suppliers, easily to get a good deal. They discontinued the 4.8 even though I am not 100 percent, it may be a bit harder to find parts. Eg, My Jeep is a 5 sp. I had to have a new flywheel for the LS engine, big heavy and costly so I wanted to make sure I had the right one as I ordered it online. If I would have ordered it wrong, the cost just to return the thing would have been bothersome. If you have a 5.3 kicking around, would be a good idea. Dig around the Novak site and you will see what I mean. Cheers.

Reactions: Stanley
Sure, I went for the 5.3 as they are a dime a dozen, I agree the 4.8 is a good motor no question. My reason was there are a lot of them out there, parts are easy, a lot of people have completed the 5.3 swap into a jeep and they are easily modifiable. I bought headers and a pile of new parts for the 53 and will all the suppliers, easily to get a good deal. They discontinued the 4.8 even though I am not 100 percent, it may be a bit harder to find parts. Eg, My Jeep is a 5 sp. I had to have a new flywheel for the LS engine, big heavy and costly so I wanted to make sure I had the right one as I ordered it online. If I would have ordered it wrong, the cost just to return the thing would have been bothersome. If you have a 5.3 kicking around, would be a good idea. Dig around the Novak site and you will see what I mean. Cheers.
I got a Gen iv 4.8ls from a 2013 Chevy Silverado and running the 4l60e