Best visual tire size on LJ?

That's a beautiful Jeep. Please get rid of the white gas cap cover or paint it black with SEM Trim. That would really make your TJ!
You’re right about that gas cap door. It’s not white; it’s brushed aluminum, but gloss black would look much better. I’ve only had it for a short time so I’ll eventually get around to it. I’ll tell my wife that it will be the cheapest modification I will make. 🤣

Reactions: JMT
I can see where tire proportion can be important. I run 33’s, and I don’t think it looks bad but more so I am pleased how it handles the terrain native to my area.
E757CEEF-D80A-415A-B5DC-C1871718A937.jpeg

542F0983-B496-4398-AA35-5FBA8E5B9FC0.jpeg

I'll admit I'm a little bias, but I'm digging 32x11.5 tires I put on my LJ along with whatever 2" lift the previous owner put on it lol

Down the road I may go with a better and taller lift with bigger tires🤷‍♂️

View attachment 194326
Nice combo. Been thinking of adding a 2" budget boost or spring set and going to 32s. Mine is a beach jeep, still stock with 31s. No plans to be working the articulation much. Are your 32s in the 11.5 width? No wheel spacers right? No rubbing?

Reactions: THEREALJIM
Nice combo. Been thinking of adding a 2" budget boost or spring set and going to 32s. Mine is a beach jeep, still stock with 31s. No plans to be working the articulation much. Are your 32s in the 11.5 width? No wheel spacers right? No rubbing?
For Christmas I got some Old Man Emu 2" springs and some Rancho shocks, just need to find sometime to get them on lol

Yep my tires are 32x11 5! I have some steel wheels with, if I remember correctly, 4.5" backspacing, so far I haven't had any rubbing or I haven't noticed any lol

I've never run flat flares, so I can't say from my own experience that my MC flares give me more clearance (I'll leave that to the marketing people at MC). I will say that they give me all the clearance I need, even before I installed the lift, as the photo below shows. After the lift things got even better. My Goodyear MT/R's are 35 x 12.5/15's on 15 x 8 MB Razor alloy wheels.

View attachment 90506
At this point what all else did you add to run the 35's? I see an anti rock in the above picture with the OME lift

At this point what all else did you add to run the 35's? I see an anti rock in the above picture with the OME lift
Would you believe, nothing? I put the AntiRock on because I'm too lazy to get out and manually disconnect the sway bar links (although it doesn't bother me to get out to air down my tires - I'm lazy, not logical...). The lift was small enough that I didn't need a slip yoke eliminator/CV shaft. I haven't gone to upgraded brakes yet, that's next on my list. So far, so good.

35s or 37s. Throw some aftermarket fenders on there, maybe a small body lift(useful for tummy tuck/raising the t case) and go for 35x12.50 and a nice set of 17” wheels. IMO don’t waste your time with 33s.

35s or 37s. Throw some aftermarket fenders on there, maybe a small body lift(useful for tummy tuck/raising the t case) and go for 35x12.50 and a nice set of 17” wheels. IMO don’t waste your time with 33s.
Unless you’re old like me & 33” tires are as big as I can comfortably go & still climb in. ☺️

Reactions: Texas-TJ