Best Warn winch under 500 dollars

A Warn winch for under $500??

My mind can't wrap itself around that.

I did buy a used but not abused Warn 8274 and winch plate for $500 many years ago. Not low profile though. Does that count?
Forgot who you were dealing with eh?
DSC_5700.JPG

That going on the green one?
Yes, and I have the integrated bridge that moves the contactor over the drum where it belongs. Not necessarily a fan of the Warn synthetic lines but I found this one for less than the steel line version. I should have bought one many years ago when they were just expensive.

Yes, and I have the integrated bridge that moves the contactor over the drum where it belongs. Not necessarily a fan of the Warn synthetic lines but I found this one for less than the steel line version. I should have bought one many years ago when they were just expensive.
Its a challenge to find a good price on those winches, I got a good price on my winch but the TRE products I used matched the winch price...don't care, am happy with it.

I missed one recently for $850 and thought that was a good deal. Killer deal here! Inquiring minds want to know, why does the contactor belong over the drum?

I don't know if all their mounts are the same, but can't the little bracket be reversed so the controller is over the drum? My old VR8000 can, but it's not perfectly centered though.

I did just buy that new upgrade kit but I plan to mount the controller under the hood.

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_2760.JPG

1608924239037.png