Best Warn winch under 500 dollars

I don't know if all their mounts are the same, but can't the little bracket be reversed so the controller is over the drum? My old VR8000 can, but it's not perfectly centered though.

I did just buy that new upgrade kit but I plan to mount the controller under the hood.

View attachment 213146

View attachment 213147

View attachment 213148
I am more than capable of making that mount put the contactor any place I like. I can't easily replicate the bridge which was my main consideration.

I am more than capable of making that mount put the contactor any place I like. I can't easily replicate the bridge which was my main consideration.
Oh, I know you are. I meant that for @CaliSteve , I just forgot to use the Reply button to quote him. He may be just as capable as well, I don’t know.

I like that bridge too.

Last edited:
I dunno if its the best but I got this HS9500 for $100. Yes, I know it needs to be rewrapped

20201227_220257.jpg

Reactions: matkal and pc1p
Ya'll add the "for" in there and it ruins the joke. Someone asked if their were any TJ around on 35's ready to go offroading, said he was ready to buy and had 5 grand. The first reply to him was the only way he would see a rig like that under 5 grand was if someone laid 50 100 dollar bills on the hood. Not for under 5 grand, under 5 grand.

I dunno if its the best but I got this HS9500 for $100. Yes, I know it needs to be rewrapped

That's a damn good deal - I recently bought the same winch for $600, though it did come with a brand new 100' Warn Spydura synthetic rope. I need to get a bridge mount myself and want to run it on my Dodge...

Ya'll add the "for" in there and it ruins the joke. Someone asked if their were any TJ around on 35's ready to go offroading, said he was ready to buy and had 5 grand. The first reply to him was the only way he would see a rig like that under 5 grand was if someone laid 50 100 dollar bills on the hood. Not for under 5 grand, under 5 grand.
Doh! Right over my head,

My Wife won a 9.5ti with a $1 raffle ticket.
But it probably cost us more than $500 to get to and from the 4x4 event .