Best way to clean exterior of windshield?

whats your glass coverage policy? :LOL: bet the neighbor kid could get you a brand new windshield if you give him a hammer.

Ive had unsuccessful luck with just windex or glass cleaner alone in general, I can usually still see the outlines of the wipers. what I have found that worked well was cleaning the glass like normal, then taking a clay bar to the glass (like you would use before waxing your vehicles paint) and finishing up with glass cleaner again to clean the clay bar lubricant off. the clay bar really grabs the grime glass cleaner has skipped for me.

You did say "The best way" didn't you? :cool:
Jeep car wash.jpg

Wow you use a clay bar on TJ paint! must be Red or Yellow or Green Anything but Black!
I’ve never clayed my Jeep paint but I use it on almost all my other vehicles, especially the glass. Typically I don’t clay unless I plan to polish also. Is the Jeep black paint problematic? And, yes my Jeep is red.

The first thing I did to address this issue was to replace the original blades with a longer version, then trimmed a notch on the very end where the wipers extend over the windshield gasket. This gives me an additional area of clean glass when I use them.
The next thing I do is use a glass cleaner called "Magic Glass". It works really well and avoids streaks.