Best. Winch. Deal. Ever.

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Ok so this is the story of how I got the best winch deal ever.

For XMAS this year, I really wanted to get enough cash or credit via Amazon to purchase a Warn M8000-S. This is something i've wanted for my TJ ever since I got it, not even a year ago. I actually got enough $ and combined with some of my own, I had enough for the winch and pulled the trigger right around xmas.

I was excited to have it finally and couldn't wait to install it but as I was going through the box of everything, I noticed the fairlead had an abrasion on the face of it (kind of like it took a hit on something already), and upon looking even closer at the fairleads bolt holes there was trace evidence of it been previously installed. There was some dirt and grime in there a little, but everything else in the box looked mint.

So I snapped a couple pictures of the hawse fairlead and wrote the seller an email about the condition of the product and simply asked if it were used or previously bought then returned by anyone else...

Below is the picture I submitted to the seller:
Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 8.08.15 PM.png

The next few images are screenshots of the sellers replies to my email inquiry:
Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 8.10.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 8.07.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 8.05.08 PM.png

Ok sooooo,
Long story short, I was instantly refunded my money and no one ever came to retrieve the package. Its well beyond the 10 business days they mentioned and there is no way in hell i'm discarding it!

And to make this a little more sweet than spending no money and getting a Warn M8000-S, I also got the rebate submitted in time and actually gained $75!

Best. Winch. Deal. Ever.

Last edited:
Talk about awesome! I’ve had something similar happen to me, but it wasn’t for a winch. Every so often we all get lucky. Great choice on the Warn too!

Reactions: EJD
That is indeed the best winch deal ever! Awesome! No one will ever be able to beat that! LOL. Now how can we spend the money you saved and earned?

I would give it a few more weeks before spending the money saved to be safe. That could sting the OP if it came back around.

Play it conservative
Oh i've been trying to be a little but the 10 business days was the 10th of Jan, and its almost 10 days beyond that. No one is coming.

Now how can we spend the money you saved and earned?
I think i've decided to get a new fresh set of bumpers! Nothing too crazy or expensive, but a nice matching set, winch plate, recovery points, maybe something with a rear hitch.

Last edited: