Bestop availability

bedhed

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Anyone know of any details on Bestop's current status? Are they shipping or responding?

I emailed them on May 4th, and they responded the same day about the rebate on a top I purchased in April.

There website currently says their phones are currently down, but their chat is working.

I emailed them on May 4th, and they responded the same day about the rebate on a top I purchased in April.

There website currently says their phones are currently down, but their chat is working.
Okay, thanks. I placed and order last Friday, and haven't received or located any shipping confirmation info. I couldn't remember if they typically share that info or not.

Jumped online to check the status, and it simply shows the order confirmation, but nothing else.

Their chat feature doesn't seem to be working for me. Clicking it does nothing. I sent an email yesterday, but haven't heard back. Maybe too soon for an email reply though.

Did they send you a shipping confirmation, or show the info in your account info?

I found a much better deal going through a reseller. I've always found their website kind of high.
Same I've done on both tops. Go to Bestop to see what you want and then buy from someone cheaper.
What I ordered was their safari top. The prices I saw on those were +/- $5-10 dollars or so, but most were pretty much the same ~$80-$90.

I figured by cutting out the middle man, I may avoid potential issues in this time of delayed online purchases.

My concern at the moment is whether or not the order processing went through, and if the top is going to ship. I tried again this morning, but the chat feature that they advise to use isn't responding. Still no reply email from them.

Reactions: jeepins
I emailed them with questions on my new Trektop NX on May 11th with no response yet.

I emailed them with questions on my new Trektop NX on May 11th with no response yet.
Damn.

I've got my hardtop off to do some work to it, and it's becoming prolonged. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be quite as concerned.

I suppose all I can do is keep my fingers crossed. Live and learn.

Okay, thanks. I placed and order last Friday, and haven't received or located any shipping confirmation info. I couldn't remember if they typically share that info or not.

Jumped online to check the status, and it simply shows the order confirmation, but nothing else.

Their chat feature doesn't seem to be working for me. Clicking it does nothing. I sent an email yesterday, but haven't heard back. Maybe too soon for an email reply though.

Did they send you a shipping confirmation, or show the info in your account info?
I ordered mine through Amazon. Amazon actually reduced the price $30 if I would wave the 2 day shipping, so I did. I'm waiting on my $200 rebate from Bestop now. Their website shows they received my documentation.

Reactions: bedhed
I ordered mine through Amazon. Amazon actually reduced the price $30 if I would wave the 2 day shipping, so I did. I'm waiting on my $200 rebate from Bestop now. Their website shows they received my documentation.
Dang! That's a steal. That's awesome.

Bestop & Morris 4x4 are owned by Bestop Morris LLC in Florida. Give them some time to work through this cluster we call COVID-19. Every state has different guidelines for reopening.
https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/pompano-beach/profile/new-auto-parts/bestop-morris-llc-0633-90429073
Interesting. That's here in my home state. I'll look into that. Thanks for that info. I'll look into that.

When I ordered my safari top, Morris4x4 had the best price I could find at the time. $149+ taxfor the header and top together. Free shipping and 5% Military discount on top of that.

Reactions: Daryl
When I ordered my safari top, Morris4x4 had the best price I could find at the time. $149+ taxfor the header and top together. Free shipping and 5% Military discount on top of that.
That's not too far off from what I paid through bestop. For the windshield channel and top, it totaled up to $134 and change, but there was no tax charge.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
That's not too far off from what I paid through bestop. For the windshield channel and top, it totaled up to $134 and change, but there was no tax charge.

That’s good.

I put mine on maybe 4-6 weeks ago when I got it and I plan to keep it on til probably July when the heat starts to get brutal here. LOL. Then full soft top til about late September. I’m really enjoying the safari top. I just wish my buddy would get my half doors painted soon. : )

Last edited:
I just wish my buddy would get my half doors painted soon. : )

Me too, man! I know you've got to be itching to see them on.
Same color as mine, and the half doors are another want of mine. I sure do like my full doors, but the body lines with the half doors look so much better.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Me too, man! I know you've got to be itching to see them on.
Same color as mine, and the half doors are another want of mine. I sure do like my full doors, but the body lines with the half doors look so much better.

I imagine that I will run the half doors without the uppers when I have the safari top on. Full doors when the whole soft top is on. I'll probably try the half doors with soft upper with the soft top, but I'm thinking I'm not going to like looking through the plastic and them not being tinted.

I imagine that I will run the half doors without the uppers when I have the safari top on. Full doors when the whole soft top is on. I'll probably try the half doors with soft upper with the soft top, but I'm thinking I'm not going to like looking through the plastic and them not being tinted.
Yeah, I can't imagine that I would be a fan of the soft uppers, tinted or not.

I just received mine yesterday, took about a week and a half, I ordered it through amazon and it came directly from Bestop.
Good to know. Thanks

Damn.

I've got my hardtop off to do some work to it, and it's becoming prolonged. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be quite as concerned.

I suppose all I can do is keep my fingers crossed. Live and learn.

....and they emailed me back this morning. Thanks wtjf.

I had emailed them on the 7th of may and about 3 days ago got a followup stating if i havent been taken care of yet to call the 800 number.

called the 800 number today was on hold for about 3 minutes and my dilemma was promptly resolved, just waiting on a back order of parts now potentially 4-6 weeks out. rep stated alot of the suppliers may have had been closed and they are likely slowly getting up and running now. Either way its always pleasant dealing with Bestop customer service. its just the season for jeeps and unfortunately came in with the other bs going on in the world.

Reactions: bedhed and Daryl