Bestop bows and hardware to fix twill soft top?

BeavisTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have recently purchased a bestop twill replace a top for my 06 TJ. The fitment appears good however the rear windows aren't as taunt as the oem neither is the door surround clips. At higher speeds the buffering and noise is actually worse than my old stock top.

I'm wondering if the best top replacement hardware 55002-01 would fix this. My original hardware appears to be in good condition but I've noticed the bestop hardware has some adjustment like below.

Screenshot_20220707-174827_Drive.jpg

And then the top arch could potentially tighten the door surround clips.

Screenshot_20220707-175002_Drive.jpg

I have the Bestop Sailcloth, and it fits snug on my factory hardware. But mine is a 97.

I also think Bestop makes some kind of plastic insert ‘stiffener’ for the rear corners. Or do you have those already?

I have the Bestop Sailcloth, and it fits snug on my factory hardware. But mine is a 97.

I also think Bestop makes some kind of plastic insert ‘stiffener’ for the rear corners. Or do you have those already?

Yes the plastic inserts were included.

I have a complete NX Bestop top from 2016/2017, it’s so baggy the side door clips come out sometimes while driving, they just flop out. The header can be lifted by hand and see straight in/out. The aluminum arch bar fits super loose and just rattles. I love Bestop, and owned a lot of their products but this top and everything about it is baggy loose and poor fitting. I will say that material held up, windows look good.

I have a complete NX Bestop top from 2016/2017, it’s so baggy the side door clips come out sometimes while driving, they just flop out. The header can be lifted by hand and see straight in/out. The aluminum arch bar fits super loose and just rattles. I love Bestop, and owned a lot of their products but this top and everything about it is baggy loose and poor fitting. I will say that material held up, windows look good.

That's pretty ordinary. Thanks for the review.

Have you found the bow adjustment any help?

That's pretty ordinary. Thanks for the review.

Have you found the bow adjustment any help?

Bow adjustment has been set on max a majority of the time.

For I’ve only ever had factory tops for TJ/LJ, 5 of them, some Jeeps I found used factory tops. The internet folklore would have us believe it’s the same as factory…. Perhaps better.