• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Bestop Glass Prints

OP
J.Shields

J.Shields

No, Bestop only makes hard tops and parts for newer Jeeps. They sold the rights to Keystone Restyling and after a week and a half of digging around they finally sent me the print for it today. Glass shops wouldn't make one before, but maybe they will now that I have a print.

Reactions: Yellow_Machine
OP
J.Shields

J.Shields

Yeah, maybe 3 to 4 hundred. Not bad compared to buying a used hard top with the back glass for 1k or more. Regardless, people have been using lexan and such for this fix because glass shops don't want to fool with it because they don't have the pattern for the holes and if they get them wrong they have to start over on their own dime. This should help people and that was the purpose of sharing it.

DrDmoney

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Yeah, maybe 3 to 4 hundred. Not bad compared to buying a used hard top with the back glass for 1k or more. Regardless, people have been using lexan and such for this fix because glass shops don't want to fool with it because they don't have the pattern for the holes and if they get them wrong they have to start over on their own dime. This should help people and that was the purpose of sharing it.
We buy a LOT of glass from all over the world in large quantities, I think it would be much more for a single piece of tempered glass. Please let us know what kind of prices you find. I Like the idea of lexan vs any other types of glass other than tempered because it’s lightweight. Some might suggest laminated because you can get that cut drilled and the edges ground and polished at a local shop but keep in mind anything that you put in there could be a projectile in an accident.

DrDmoney

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Here is the manufacturer of that glass for Bestop, I don’t think they do retail but a glass shop might be able to buy it from them at a price higher than a new top but hope for the best.

Maybe they have old stock left over

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Moved to the "Resources" section.

What would be more helpful though is if you could actually upload the PDF itself as oppose to just a screenshot (y)

Reactions: jjvw