Bestop Glass Prints

J.Shields

I finally got the print for the TJ Bestop back glass! Now to see if a glass shop will make it for me. Here it is for all to use.

Screenshot_20190910-215505_Drive.jpg

No, Bestop only makes hard tops and parts for newer Jeeps. They sold the rights to Keystone Restyling and after a week and a half of digging around they finally sent me the print for it today. Glass shops wouldn't make one before, but maybe they will now that I have a print.

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
Glass has to be cut, holes drilled, fritted, and then sent out to be tempered + tinted, It might be costly.

Yeah, maybe 3 to 4 hundred. Not bad compared to buying a used hard top with the back glass for 1k or more. Regardless, people have been using lexan and such for this fix because glass shops don't want to fool with it because they don't have the pattern for the holes and if they get them wrong they have to start over on their own dime. This should help people and that was the purpose of sharing it.

Yeah, maybe 3 to 4 hundred. Not bad compared to buying a used hard top with the back glass for 1k or more. Regardless, people have been using lexan and such for this fix because glass shops don't want to fool with it because they don't have the pattern for the holes and if they get them wrong they have to start over on their own dime. This should help people and that was the purpose of sharing it.
We buy a LOT of glass from all over the world in large quantities, I think it would be much more for a single piece of tempered glass. Please let us know what kind of prices you find. I Like the idea of lexan vs any other types of glass other than tempered because it’s lightweight. Some might suggest laminated because you can get that cut drilled and the edges ground and polished at a local shop but keep in mind anything that you put in there could be a projectile in an accident.

Awesome find! Thanks for sharing this. I’ll bet it will come in handy for someone in the future!

Moved to the "Resources" section.

What would be more helpful though is if you could actually upload the PDF itself as oppose to just a screenshot (y)

Reactions: jjvw
Here is the pdf. All I know is after talkingwith bestop and keystone restyling they don't have or plan on making any glass. I'll post back with a price from a shop.

Attachments

• 387.60k.pdf
    123.2 KB · Views: 428
Folks I have this top and the front section is dry rotted. One of the clips on front will not lock in because it has nothing for the screw to hold onto so it just kinda sits there. Any advise on how to fix this? Is there wood under the carpet? I watched a youtube video and saw a guy replace the wood under the carpet but a friend who works on jeeps daily told me they shouldn't have wood in them it should all be fiberglass?

Other than my back window being out, I'd say 450. I considered lexan but we use it at work and I live on a dirt road soi know it would be scratched up in no time