Bestop (not the best)

JoelTell

I got my new top and from day 1, the header won't seal. I did a warranty claim and they sent me a new piece and it fits the same. huge gaps at the corners. Anyone have recommendations for a top that DOES seal? You can see in the first pic where the top is not buckled down, the header goes straight across but the windshield has an arc to it. Once I buckle it, the header bends, but only to the point of the buckles and then it just goes straight out leaving a huge gap. Any recommendations on a quality top that actually fits? my old one had billet aluminum knuckles and overall was a lot more sturdy than this one too, but I could not figure out what brand it was.

IMG_4238.JPG

IMG_4219.JPG

IMG_4217.JPG

I got my new top and from day 1, the header won't seal. I did a warranty claim and they sent me a new piece and it fits the same. huge gaps at the corners. Anyone have recommendations for a top that DOES seal? You can see in the first pic where the top is not buckled down, the header goes straight across but the windshield has an arc to it. Once I buckle it, the header bends, but only to the point of the buckles and then it just goes straight out leaving a huge gap. Any recommendations on a quality top that actually fits? my old one had billet aluminum knuckles and overall was a lot more sturdy than this one too, but I could not figure out what brand it was.

View attachment 514794

View attachment 514795

View attachment 514796

I've got a Bestop bikini top (just over the front 2 seats). I had a similar issue with the corner bulging out. The whole front of the top would pop out on the freeway and I would have to pull over to re-seat it. I ended up driving some screws through the corners into the door surrounds to solve. Works for me since I install and uninstall once per year. If your top is a factory-style that you want to put on and take off multiple times, this wont' help.