Bestop NX Twill Sunrider Reviews and Thoughts

Tray Burge

TJ Addict
All right guys and girls, I took my time installing my new Bestop NX Twill top and it went on without a hitch or fight what-so-ever, I installed it over the course of four days taking my time.
I'm totally blown away with the fit and superior quality of this top in comparison to my "Pavemnt Ends" top. The Twill is simply SUMPTOUIS and thick and jet black, no other way to put it!
The top literally fits like a glove and the windows are as flat as glass without any distortion, the Sunrider portion lays flat and is undetectable when closed. I was concerned there'd be bulk under the top to accommodate for the hardware for this feature, but you don't even know it's there until you flip it open, and it flips open very easily I might add.
The back is tucked in extremely tight on each side of the back curtain, I realize this is a problem area for cheaper tops. I love the plastic corner fills that come with the top to keep the corners full and round, as opposed to sunken in and lose like my previous top. The tops are not cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for.
With tax and free shipping I paid $1,711.99 to my door, within a week delivery from Bestop.
I couldn't be any happier.
Oh yeah, after I saw these photos last night I ordered billet surround knobs to replace the faded, black plastic ones. lol
IMG_1661.JPG
IMG_1662.JPG
IMG_1664.JPG
IMG_1666.JPG
IMG_1667.JPG
IMG_1668.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG
IMG_1674.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

I'll tell you my Friend, I have the same top and it's fantastic. BUT, trying to close the top from full-on convertible is a huge pain in the ass because the sunrider flops all around making guiding the windshield header over the roll cage almost a two-man job. Any suggestions you might have if you've found a way to do it would sure be appreciated.

Reactions: Tray Burge
I’m glad your new twill top fits as nice as it does. It looks fantastic. This summer I purchased the twill replace-a-top ($1100 directly from Bestop) since my factory hardware is in good condition. The fabric is nice but the fit on mine is quite loose and any driving I do over 40mph results in violent thrumming and flapping all around and none of my windows are tight looking, they all have wrinkles. It also installed waaaay too easy. I have sent multiple emails to bestop customer service and they have never gotten back to me. I got through to them on the phone but they said I had to send an email. Anyway sorry if my post derails from the positivity of your thread. I am just so angry with Bestop right now I had let everyone know that it’s a real toss up with them. Maybe the solution is to purchase the supertop nx kit rather than the replace a top.

I’m glad your new twill top fits as nice as it does. It looks fantastic. This summer I purchased the twill replace-a-top ($1100 directly from Bestop) since my factory hardware is in good condition. The fabric is nice but the fit on mine is quite loose and any driving I do over 40mph results in violent thrumming and flapping all around and none of my windows are tight looking, they all have wrinkles. It also installed waaaay too easy. I have sent multiple emails to bestop customer service and they have never gotten back to me. I got through to them on the phone but they said I had to send an email. Anyway sorry if my post derails from the positivity of your thread. I am just so angry with Bestop right now I had let everyone know that it’s a real toss up with them. Maybe the solution is to purchase the supertop nx kit rather than the replace a top.
My Trektop NX fits like shit. Doesn't fit the contours of the door surrounds. The rear window has pulls across the top.
and the side windows are real loose where they attach to the tub. Overall loose fit and wrinkles also.
I have tried calling Bestop, good luck waiting.
Emails no longer go through,

I'm glad the OP had a good experience with his top. It looks really nice. I really like the twill look.

Yeah, I replaced the frame too so I think there's a difference in the frame as well and don't think my top would've fit this nice on an old frame?

Reactions: HornedToad
My Trektop NX fits like shit. Doesn't fit the contours of the door surrounds. The rear window has pulls across the top.
and the side windows are real loose where they attach to the tub. Overall loose fit and wrinkles also.
I have tried calling Bestop, good luck waiting.
Emails no longer go through,

I'm glad the OP had a good experience with his top. It looks really nice. I really like the twill look.
I've read the twill actually fits different than the sail cloth or denim, it's definitely a whole lot thicker than my previous top and I believe that has a lot to do with how tight it fits.

Reactions: williambmac
Your TJ is probably the most pristine I've ever seen. Like a barn find that was hidden for ten-plus years lol. Wow!
Thank's Jerry, coming from you that really means a lot!
She was in pretty good shape when I found her though, I got lucky she looked like she'd spent her whole life on the pavement too.
The day I brought her home to my son, slightly different now? lol
IMG_20150508_171245_784.jpg

I'll tell you my Friend, I have the same top and it's fantastic. BUT, trying to close the top from full-on convertible is a huge pain in the ass because the sunrider flops all around making guiding the windshield header over the roll cage almost a two-man job. Any suggestions you might have if you've found a way to do it would sure be appreciated.
Yes it does, but don't try to fold the whole top up at once.
Lock the center sections in after you pull it up and then just close the moon roof like you normally would is what I do.

Nice rig!!!...I looked for a build thread but didnt see one... what front and rear bumpers are those?

oh, and how about some interior pics?....lolol
Thanks, these guys don't wanna see my build pictures again, I'm sure lol
The bumpers are Motobilt, but if you go into my "posts" I listed all my upgrades in the titles so they should be pretty easy to see.
Here are just a few though.
IMG_1286.JPG
IMG_1646.JPG
IMG_1653.JPG

that top looks great. Wish they had twill available for the trektop nx for the LJ. I bought the black diamond and haven't been as pleased as I was with my last one.