Bestop Replace-a-top, Trek Top or Rampage?

I went with Bestop and given the customer service I have received at every stage of this purchase. Initially as I researched the folks at Bestop were great and gave me all the time needed to get answers to my questions and, once the purchase was completed I made mention of a very minor defect that make take years to progress to an inevitable problem. I called, mentioned it to Jim and without even a pause he offered the solution that should be the standard for every industry...NO questions asked, complete replacement of the item! That is the type of business I remember learning from as a kid with my Daddy. People appreciated and understood the value of getting to know the people they did business with and Jim reminded me that I had worked with him when I thought I had not. GREAT JOB JIM👍🏼👍🏼
BESTOP! Hands down this would be my choice. Fitment, quality, GREAT customer service and a company that stands behind there product. NO questions asked. It's hands down the Bestop😉👍🏼👍🏼

Got it today and it's on! I love it. Looks awesome. Wow! It is alot quieter than my OEM top and I quickly realized the insulating quality on this 95 degree day. It was like an icebox when I got back from my test drive. The AC was a bit of a novelty with the old top. I was really surprised with the head room. It "seems" to be slightly more headroom than the OEM top for the driver and passenger. Also, I was worried that an adult wouldn't be able to sit in the back but I sat back there no problem unless I purposely sat strait up with my head as high as I could make it. It did come with some blemishes on the windows but I've email them in regards. I'm sure they will come up with a solution. All in all I'm very happy with this top!

20190717_203134.jpg

Gonna buy a new top. Was gonna buy a replace a top Sailcloth by bestop but wanted to make sure I'm not missing out not going bowless. One problem I have with my current OEM top is I would love to take a trip on a sunny day and have the rear windows out. When I get to my destination, put em back in for rain or whatever. That's the only reason I'm considering the rampage with its storage pockets built into the top though I'm concerned about quality not being a Bestop. Ur 2 cent?

Bestop NX frameless. I take the side and rear windows out, leaving the top on for sun protection. If I want, the top half folds back; the best of both worlds. I will only buy Bestop.

DSCN1554.JPG

Reactions: EROCK
I want to amend my previous comments about my Rampage top. I was just driving with my 19 yr old son. Who drives my Jeep alot. We were on the freeway. And he said. Ya know what Dad? You can't hear yourself think in here. And it wasn't until then - because i'm usually alone in my Jeep with the radio on - that I realized you couldn't hold a conversation without yelling at freeway speeds. So my Rampage top is noisy as all hell. It flaps alot.

Unless you just need something cheap for right now. Save up and buy a Bestop. Even something slightly used is better than any of the other brands. My Rampage has served its purpose. It was cheap and got me by. But I'm going to buy a Bestop as soon as I can afford it.

Last edited:
Got it today and it's on! I love it. Looks awesome. Wow! It is alot quieter than my OEM top and I quickly realized the insulating quality on this 95 degree day. It was like an icebox when I got back from my test drive. The AC was a bit of a novelty with the old top. I was really surprised with the head room. It "seems" to be slightly more headroom than the OEM top for the driver and passenger. Also, I was worried that an adult wouldn't be able to sit in the back but I sat back there no problem unless I purposely sat strait up with my head as high as I could make it. It did come with some blemishes on the windows but I've email them in regards. I'm sure they will come up with a solution. All in all I'm very happy with this top!

View attachment 105000
Best top sent me new windows after I sent pics of the blemishes and recipt of my purchase. Amazing company, fantastic top!

Reactions: BigWheel88
I labored over this decision as well and ended up going with a Bestop RAT. It fits perfectly, so much so that it is almost a struggle to get it latched. Zero sagging or wrinkles. Chris nailed it- buy once, cry once.

I got my Rampage top for $50 with a broken window zipper. Took it to a shop for a new zipper so all in for $150. I like the window storage feature which has saved me a couple times with pop up rainstorms.

Reactions: ranger101