Bestop Tire Carrier Heavily Discounted

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most efficient route to your house is through Greensboro, NC.
What's frustrating is the tracking says it was out for delivery. FedEx drove right by then within 30 min the updated delay came thru. I just want my carrier!

Still says they are on back order, but I placed an order anyway. We'll see what happens. $300ish for a rear bumper and tire carrier is pretty sweet.

Mine supposedly arrived around 1pm today (Hawaiian Standard Time). Headed home now, was on back order when I first placed the order. 🤟🏽

Last edited:
Now to find the time to install it 🙂

0EDAB2D4-1410-4094-AC7B-587D281D627B.jpeg

Mine scheduled to arrive Sunday. If everyone could share their installation experience here would be great. I’ve read that drilling the holes can be tricky and not line up.

Reactions: Sgt Jarhead
Mine scheduled to arrive Sunday. If everyone could share their installation experience here would be great. I’ve read that drilling the holes can be tricky and not line up.

Here’s a few different links from tips given that might help.

Page 2 top post for link:
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/tj-fab-bestop-tire-carrier-body-tub-950796/index2.html
Review/tips on Carrier:
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/bestop-highrock-oversize-tire-carrier-review-98113.html
Caveats off the link posted right above^:
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/...ier-install-123702.html#/topics/123702?page=1
This is all I found upon my own research-feel free to add other links or personal experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: jazngab
Left work early to try and catch FedEx. According to the door tag I missed them by 15 minutes :mad: Now I have to wait another day

Left work early to try and catch FedEx. According to the door tag I missed them by 15 minutes :mad: Now I have to wait another day
That’s annoying. I guess they require a signature?

That’s annoying. I guess they require a signature?
Yep. Though on my email it says an indirect signature is required. So technically they could have just left it with my neighbor who is always home.

Yep. Though on my email it says an indirect signature is required. So technically they could have just left it with my neighbor who is always home.
That is annoying. I usually have things delivered to my wife at work. However, I get scowled at when she has to lug home 50lbs boxes of Jeep parts. This time I just made sure I was home. Mine showed up with no damage. Now to add it to collection of parts that I will get to some day.
20191115_141941.jpg

I didn't get that deal, ordered mine about a year ago maybe. However, I like it. Opens with the tailgate and handles my 33" tire with no issues. Sorry to see it being discontinued, but happy that so many have jumped on this deal!

Reactions: jazngab
The PO installed one of these on my 2004 TJ and it is a nice carrier. IMO the MoRyde is the best but this is not far behind and as far as price you would be a fool not to jump on this. I did upgrade the factory hinges with a set of Kentrols.

DSCN1539.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.