Bestop vs Quadratec Soft Top

Tntitans21399

Which is a better soft top for TJs? I have a Quaratec top on it now from when I bought the jeep. The fabric is good but a lot of the zippers have either broken or messed up. I might get a quadratec again but curious about the quadratec vs bestop. Only looking for $500-cheaper type.

If you can find one, spend that money on a factory Mopar soft top.

Bestop is the BEST TOP, period. They are also the OE supplier to Mopar for factory soft tops, which speaks volumes.

When it comes to soft tops, you’ll regret getting a cheap one, I guarantee it.

Bestop is the OEM for all of the tops installed by the factory onto new Jeeps, the quality is much better than Quadratec's top which is imported from China. It may look similar but...

If you don't want to spend too much buying new, keep your eye out on places like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. That's how I got a complete LJ mopar soft top assemply for cheap and was practically rarely used by the original owner.

If you're not in a hurry, you can also do a wanted ad on craigslist to see if anyone reaches out. I did that last month for an LJ hardtop and someone reached out to sell me theirs. They didn't even have their top listed anywhere. The owners just saw my ad and decided to sell.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I got the quadratec one. The sail cloth fits pretty good, but the windows fit is way to loose. The rear window pop up like a ballon whe you put the AC vent on. The cloth itself is almost the same thickness as oem, the window material is thinner than oem

FWIW, I have Sierra Offroad top and it's comparably priced to the Quadratec one and fitment is great and zippers are pretty good quality. It's no Bestop but if you're looking for a lower end top I would definitely consider it.

I used to have a Smittybilt top for about three years. It was what I could afford at the time. I had decided when it died I would buy Bestop. When the zippers finally went I bought up. Boy, what a difference in quality. The Jeep is almost as quiet as a hard top. The material is so much thicker. You can see the quality difference. I know it’s not a Quadratec top I’m talking about. But, just the difference in quality of OEM and aftermarket.

I used to have a Smittybilt top for about three years. It was what I could afford at the time. I had decided when it died I would buy Bestop. When the zippers finally went I bought up. Boy, what a difference in quality. The Jeep is almost as quiet as a hard top. The material is so much thicker. You can see the quality difference. I know it’s not a Quadratec top I’m talking about. But, just the difference in quality of OEM and aftermarket.

Yeah the thickness is definitely the biggest upgrade I've seen between the cheaper tops and the bestop ones. I'd say if you plan on driving a jeep in cooler weather or winter then the extra $300 is worth it for a nicer top. Where I live it doesn't get below 70 usually so I was able to justify a thinner top.

Yeah the thickness is definitely the biggest upgrade I've seen between the cheaper tops and the bestop ones. I'd say if you plan on driving a jeep in cooler weather or winter then the extra $300 is worth it for a nicer top. Where I live it doesn't get below 70 usually so I was able to justify a thinner top.
The benefits of the thicker Sailcloth fabric from Bestop are more about longevity, ruggedness, tighter fit, and a significantly quieter interior than any small difference in thermal insulation qualities.

Reactions: sideproject
The benefits of the thicker Sailcloth fabric from Bestop are more about longevity, ruggedness, tighter fit, and a significantly quieter interior than any small difference in thermal insulation qualities.
Honestly I don't notice much of a difference in terms of tightness of fit or quietness with the cheap Sierra vs my previous sailcloth Bestop. This could be because I rode with a bikini top for the last 2 years and aren't used to the sailcloth any more though. As far as longevity I do agree, I'm sure the Sierra will deteriorate before the ~10 year old sailcloth. Unfortunately if he's looking for a budget top, sailcloth/twill probably won't be an option.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Unfortunately, the Bestop I recently purchased has the nice big MADE IN CHINA stamped on it, as well.
As many members here would say about other products like headlights. “They are made in the same factory.”
I dont buy into this, “theory.” Bestop quality is a testament to that.

I've got the Trektop NX from Bestop and it is awesome. I actually like the sunrider feature and it can also turn into a bikini top if you zip the windows off. Very little movement on the highway, no leaks, and looks great. Bestop all the way. It is pretty tight at first to install, but leave it all out in the sun while you pull the old one apart and you should be fine. Their install video is also very helpful

IMG_3031.jpg

Reactions: MikekiM
I walked past a Jeep this week with a sailcloth Bestop. I stopped and felt the sailcloth fabric. And I have to say I get why they are better. Not that I didn't before. But it is the difference between a Rolls Royce convertible. And a convertible Chevy Geo.

But as nice as it is, and considering the cost, I don't think I would buy one until I could garage keep it. Or at least a carport. That fabric is to nice to keep out in the socal sun.

But if your on a budget several other cheaper tops are available that will work. Fitment is most important. Be ready to learn more about a soft top than you ever wanted. But if you tighten it down right and snap everything in it's proper place (and there are several) you should have a waterproof top that will last you 3 or more seasons I'm sure.

But ya. That sailcloth is the sh*t. Like high end Rolls Royce sh*t. ;) Not even sure it would fit my Jeep until I got it repainted. lol.

Another good thing about Bestop is you can replace individual pieces. You usually can’t do that with other tops

The main point I heard in favor of the Bestop was the sailcloth, which is now an option for the Quadratop. Does that make a difference in what is better?

I was looking at this QuadraTop Gen II Complete Premium Sailcloth Soft Top compared to the Bestop Supertop NX Soft Top. I am leaning toward to Quadratop because of cost and I like the fact that the sunrider feature folds back farther.

Has anyone spent the money on the black twill? Is it worth is?

The main point I heard in favor of the Bestop was the sailcloth, which is now an option for the Quadratop. Does that make a difference in what is better?

I was looking at this QuadraTop Gen II Complete Premium Sailcloth Soft Top compared to the Bestop Supertop NX Soft Top. I am leaning toward to Quadratop because of cost and I like the fact that the sunrider feature folds back farther.

Has anyone spent the money on the black twill? Is it worth is?

Bestop is not only in favor because of the sailcloth. Their customer service is top notch. Warranty is great. They have all the individual pieces to a frame if you ever need a replacement. Windows and whole tops in stock if something were to go wrong.
I’ve never read about anyone having a quadratop soft top and I don’t think they can even come close to Bestop customer service& warranty. $150 difference between the two. I’ll buy Bestop hands down.
Oh and to remind you Bestop is OEM. Bestop makes all of Jeeps soft tops. That’s another big favor.