BF Goodrich K02 Opinions?

Willhe

TJ Enthusiast
Tried a search for opinions on Ko2s and nothing came up. Looking for mileage vs wear and general performance...mostly on road...daily driver,weekend wheeling only. 33x12.5x15..

Thank you,

Info on kO2's should be abundant.

I have Bfg kO2s at.. and love them. They perform well on dirt trails, have a decent sidewall, and are great on road as well. Average performance on snow.

Ko2s are one of the top 3 recommended tires.

I have 245/75/16 size KO2s and love them! Great wear, on road manners, super off road grip, and quite for an AT tread. I have had Goodyear Duratrac, Firestone Destination AT and MT, and Bridgestone Revo 2s. The Duratracs punctured easily, wore quicker, and were the loudest. The Firestone's had decent traction but wore the quickest. The Bridgestone's lack off road traction but are good for an on road daily driver. The K02s have been the best and what I will buy again.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
The new KM3s look really good. FWIW I think MTs are nowhere near as noisy\unpleasant as some people on the forums make them out to be.

Nothing wrong with an AT tire, but if you are going to take the Jeep off road I think an MT is the way to go!

Thanks for the opinions...all very helpful...Going to pull the trigger very soon. Here is the current price.
BFGOODRICH
ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2

• 33X12.5R15LT
  • Sidewall Style: Raised White Letters
  • Load Range: C
  • Serv. Desc: 108R2205lbs (1000kg) per tire
    Speed Rating “R”= 106mph (170kph)" style="outline: none; border: 0px; margin: auto 0px auto 5px; padding: 0px; background: url("/images/css_elements/retail/icon-sprite.png") -30px -1429px no-repeat; width: 15px; height: 15px; position: absolute; top: 0px; bottom: 0px; cursor: pointer;">
Qty
Price Each
Item(s) Total
For 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
$179.97
$719.88
Free Shipping

Save for Later
Sub-Total:
$719.88

Looks like.. all systems are a go.

I gotta double check.. but if your jeep is not loaded down.. then psi should be in mid 20s. Pretty sure bout that.. but double check it.

I think im at 26 to 28.

Reactions: OlYellerTJ
For what its worth I found the best price, ease of install, for me was going through Costco for KO2s recently.

Love my KO2's, been on my jeep for 3 years and hardly any signs of wear , [ not a daily driver }. Great ride , no road noise. I am about 28 psi for the sweet spot.

Hoping for a Labor day sale.....but ready to go.

Thanks for the opinions!
BFGOODRICH
ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2

• 33X12.5R15LT
    Speed Rating “R”= 106mph (170kph)" style="outline: none; border: 0px; margin: auto 0px auto 5px; padding: 0px; background: url("/images/css_elements/retail/icon-sprite.png") -30px -1429px no-repeat; width: 15px; height: 15px; position: absolute; top: 0px; bottom: 0px; cursor: pointer;">
Qty
Price Each
Item(s) Total
$179.97
$719.88
Free Shipping

Save for Later
Sub-Total:
$719.88

Hoping for a Labor day sale.....but ready to go.

Thanks for the opinions!
BFGOODRICH
ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2

• 33X12.5R15LT
Qty
Price Each
Item(s) Total
$179.97
$719.88
Free Shipping

Save for Later
Sub-Total:
$719.88

KO2 is a great tire. You will not be disappointed. I have a set that I do abuse off road and run in road nicely after. I think beside the desire dimensions the most important spec is the Load range, A "C" range is what our TJ's are seeking for.

Tip:
Rotate them every 5,000 miles including the spare tire if you get one.

Did you check the price on 4wp? They have BF Goodrich on sale almost all the time, plus today ends the no pay tax sale.

• Thanks but no sale...
  • BF Goodrich Tires BF Goodrich 33x12.50R15 Tire, All-Terrain T/A KO2 - 37881
  • We Pay the Sales Tax on a Set of 4 Tires (valid in U.S. only)
    Save $50 Instantly On A Set Of 4 Tires
    Qualifies for Free Shipping
  • 5-star.gif

• Tire Size: 33x12.50R15
    • Raised White Letters
    • Overall Diameter: 32.52
    • Max Load: 2205
    • Tread Depth: 15/32
    • Speed Rating: R
    • Tread Type: All Terrain
  • $207.97

• $207.97
Just put them on mine
20180726_075255_resized.jpg
, and as far as barely getting 31's on a stock TJ, here they are.... 33's on a stock TJ! Not wheeling yet, but have since did a 1" body lift and waiting to install the rest of a OME Ultimate lift kit.

Having run a 33X12.5XR15C on a TJ for 4 years and then changed to a 33X10.5XR15C, I would never, ever go back! why? Well here's twelve good reasons:
  1. first and foremost, If you run 8 inch rims and a 12.5 width KO/KM tire then you are outside the manufacturers specifications.
  2. the 10.5" width allows the sidewall to flex more at lower pressure then the 12.5 providing a much better ride.
  3. much less rolling resistance, I can almost use the word economy and Jeep in the same sentence, up to 340m on the HWY.
  4. my running gear lasts a lot longer with 36 pounds less unsprung weight
  5. doesn't rub on your control arms at full lock (on a -19 offset), no washers, yippie!
  6. it's the same clearance under the pumpkin.
  7. MAX LOAD is 395 LB higher.
  8. much easier to change a flat.
  9. air up and down faster
  10. wear more evenly
  11. cost a bit less.
  12. are quieter.
If you do a lot of rock crawling the 10's will fall through smaller cracks and get wedged more often but other then this please tell me why 12.5's are so popular? I just can't make sense of it.

Last edited:
Tried a search for opinions on Ko2s and nothing came up. Looking for mileage vs wear and general performance...mostly on road...daily driver,weekend wheeling only. 33x12.5x15..

Thank you,
I have all 31" KO2s bought 7 years ago, replaced them last Thanksgiving (on sale) and threads of the old tires are still decent, but of course I got OEM bone stock rigs.
Good quality tires IMHO, not too rugged, not too noisy. I will stay with KO2s for the next round of tires.

Last edited: