BF Goodrich KO2 vs Patagonia M/T and noise levels

Actually Firestone took the fall on that. Ford listed a recommended tire inflation that was under what Firestone recommended on those tires. Ford did it to get a better ride quality, there was a lot of finger pointing going on and Ford was the bigger company that could afford better legal representation. There were a few independent studies that determined under inflation was the cause

And being Ford certified in China is not being Ford certified in the USA, both countries have different standards for crash safety, emission, etc.
Just a quick note...If the factories are indeed Q1 rated by Ford...That means that Ford has done their own supplier survey and the factory passes the Ford Requirement for being Q1. It has nothing to do with the Chinese or USA government. As an aside...Q1 is pretty hard to get. I worked at a Tier One supplier that had it, then we lost it, and to get it back again took a couple years of dedicated focus. It means something...its a system audit not just paperwork.

Just a quick note...If the factories are indeed Q1 rated by Ford...That means that Ford has done their own supplier survey and the factory passes the Ford Requirement for being Q1. It has nothing to do with the Chinese or USA government. As an aside...Q1 is pretty hard to get. I worked at a Tier One supplier that had it, then we lost it, and to get it back again took a couple years of dedicated focus. It means something...its a system audit not just paperwork.
I hope Ford's system is better than the FAA's with the 737 Max...

FYI:

I was at my mechanic's shop this morning and there was a rig on the rack with brand new Patagonias. I can confirm that the 35x12.50R15 size is marked "Made in Indonesia" just as @pcoplin's 38's are.

I guess we will have to rag on Chinese tires in some other thread. :)