BF Goodrich KO2 vs Patagonia M/T and noise levels

Has anyone actually used a sound level app to see what their noise level is? Or is it just bullshit like the HNV discussion that lacks actual data.

Reactions: Fire814
Has anyone actually used a sound level app to see what their noise level is? Or is it just bullshit like the HNV discussion that lacks actual data.
The last time we did a group DB test, the engine was consistently the noisiest thing on the highway.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I agree. Mine are pretty quiet up until 60+ MPH. Over 60 MPH and they get loud just like any other M/T tire. Noise level is tolerable, but definitely not quiet. I had STT Pro's prior to the Patagonia's and I would say that the noise level is similar.

My SST pros were quiet for the first 10k at any speed, now they sing as soon as you get around 30-35..I actually think they quiet down just a touch at about 70. I definitely don’t think I could handle listening to them from Chicago to Moab, then Ouray and back to Chicago. Sounding like the KO2 is my better bet.

My buckshots can be heard from a mile away at 60 mph, think of a B-29 bomber at military power (max), all terrains are quiet in any form.

buckshot.jpg

buckshot2.jpg

I just made a ~800 mile round trip over the weekend to Badlands offroad park.
I have about 6k on them at this point. They'll be worn out before I have to worry about dry rot.

The engine/trans/transfercase is still the noisest thing about the jeep on the highway.
Vxn7QbF.jpg

I have about 6k on them at this point. They'll be worn out before I have to worry about dry rot.

The engine/trans/transfercase is still the noisest thing about the jeep on the highway.
View attachment 96182

View attachment 96182

You most likely drove right past my place on your way to Attica. We were actually supposed to be down there this weekend but the weather looked to be a washout.

You most likely drove right past my place on your way to Attica. We were actually supposed to be down there this weekend but the weather looked to be a washout.

Sat was hot and dry
Sat night was fun... Thunderstorms and reported wind gusts of 75mph(so I was told)
Sun was odd, weather couldn't decide what it wanted to do. Went from cloudy and cool to 75 and sunny in about 30min and back again

Reactions: jeepndogs
Sat was hot and dry
Sat night was fun... Thunderstorms and reported wind gusts of 75mph(so I was told)
Sun was odd, weather couldn't decide what it wanted to do. Went from cloudy and cool to 75 and sunny in about 30min and back again

With all the rain we have been getting out here lately I bet that place was a mud pit! Don’t know if you have ever been to the Cliffs in Illinois but a few guys went out there over the weekend and said most of the trails were under water.

So a ghetto tire company from 12 years ago had issues and were recalled? Westlake/teluride were the <$50/each tires at walmart/fleetfarm/etc if IIRC.
Every manufacture has had defects and recalls. Singling out a Chinese company for it isn't exactly fair.
How many people did firestone kill?

You should remove the stick from your butt, it's not doing you any good.