BFG KM2 value

Watching. I have a set of 33x12.50r15 KM2s with 6/32" tread that I'm about to replace and having a hard time paying a shop to trash vs keeping to resell. Even a few bucks profit is better than paying the shop to trash them.

Based on my miles vs wear, they still have another 5-8k before they're dead (at 2/32") for on-road use.

Used tires don’t sell for as much as they should (IMO), I wore off 1/16 of my 33s in 12 months and under 5000 miles and sold both the wheels and tires for just under 1/2 the price of just the tires new (all 5). Tires alone I’ve seen them go for around 30% of the cost with the wear you’re looking at (assuming they’re recent).

All worn true?
No dry rotting?
Take whatever percentage tread you've left minus 10 percent if it's an all season or all terrain and there's your answer.

If it's a mud tire take your tread remaining and add 5-10 percent.

50 percent tread remaining would mean 40 percent of their new price for an all terrain/all season.

The KM2 being a mud tire.......
Around 935‐950 new...
475 plus 10 percent...around $525

Watching. I have a set of 33x12.50r15 KM2s with 6/32" tread that I'm about to replace and having a hard time paying a shop to trash vs keeping to resell. Even a few bucks profit is better than paying the shop to trash them.

Based on my miles vs wear, they still have another 5-8k before they're dead (at 2/32") for on-road use.
Using nice numbers you've about 25 percent tread remaining. If all wore true you might fetch $225 for all.

Reactions: FarFire70
There are tires though that catch people's attention.
Doesn't mean anything whatsoever other than you can sell easier and possibly realize more money for them used.

BFG mud terrain is a name that grabs attention.
Super Swamper anything grabs attention.
Good year MTR grabs attention
Mickey Thompson same thing...

The million other (secondary) brands
Toyo, general, cooper, Hankook,
Yokohama, pabtagneopabia (yeah you know) etc etc etc...
Not too much excitement for those brands used.

Some Picts

C48A5F59-1EB3-469B-ADC0-4A017A2D2549.jpeg

078D9AB0-905E-46AA-98E4-AA85CE83C82C.jpeg

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
Didn't think I would get much out of my old 33x10.50 KM2's which were worn to SHIT. Put them on craiglist and facebook marketplace for 200 just for shits and giggles and I actually got a good number of offers on them. Ended up selling them to someone for 175, but they were in much worse condition than yours.