Looking for actual size measurements on BFG KM3 33X10.50R15 tires

Jytrbug

Going to replace stock Moabs on my 04 Rubi with 15x8 wheels. Does anybody have the KM3 33x10.50 mounted as I’m looking for actual size measurements.

The actual size specs are 32.5” tall and 10.6” wide. This is mounted on an 8.5” wide wheel.

Reactions: Jytrbug
The specs also list 640 revolutions per mile, which translates to 31.5". I have 33x10.5x15 KO2 currently, also listed at 640 rev/mi, and they measure pretty close to 31.5" at 28 psi.

Reactions: Jytrbug
Do they have a 255/85/16 in the km3 ? I ran this size but with toyo's mt. on moabs on my last jeep. They are like a 33.5 x 10.5

Do they have a 255/85/16 in the km3 ? I ran this size but with toyo's mt. on moabs on my last jeep. They are like a 33.5 x 10.5
Looks like they do.

Spec sheet for KM3:

Attachments

• specs-mud-terrain-t-a-km3.pdf
    9.7 KB · Views: 421
I just looked them up 33.1x10.0 but they are a E rated tire also.
I ran the 255/80R17 MT2s. Fabulous tire but definitely a stiffer LRE sidewall.

Sorry for the resurrection,but maybe it'll be some use for someone?

I just put these on my 03 this weekend. Haven't had a chance to wheel em yet,but they work good on the road so far. Under the weight of the jeep there just under 31.5 tall. Can't wait to put the new treads where they belong in the mud n rocks,and see how the new ones do for myself.

IMG_20200117_165446688.jpg

IMG_20200117_165554739.jpg

Sorry for the resurrection,but maybe it'll be some use for someone?

I just put these on my 03 this weekend. Haven't had a chance to wheel em yet,but they work good on the road so far. Under the weight of the jeep there just under 31.5 tall. Can't wait to put the new treads where they belong in the mud n rocks,and see how the new ones do for myself.

View attachment 135315

View attachment 135316
Had a chance to get them off-road yet? When my KO2s go I may switch back to a MT (probably these).

Had a chance to get them off-road yet? When my KO2s go I may switch back to a MT (probably these).
I have, though mine are 12.5s; they are brutally effective tires at least compared to the Wildpeak ATs I came from. The KM3s are perfectly suited for east coast Appalachian mountain terrain & everything that implies.

Reactions: TWiG01
I have, though mine are 12.5s; they are brutally effective tires at least compared to the Wildpeak ATs I came from. The KM3s are perfectly suited for east coast Appalachian mountain terrain & everything that implies.
How do the road manners and noise compare to the ATs they replaced?

Thanks, just what I wanted to know. Down the road they will be my next tire

the only true 33" out of the limited selection of 33x10.5's is the General Grabber which is 33" proper, should net closer to 32-32.5" on vehicle.

BFG's are always 1/2" short out the gate, and the Toyo MT and Maxxis Razr are 32.8".

I opted for the Razr's and will get some measurements on the vehicle today so another data point will be out there.

ETA: I've run BFG MT, KM2, Cooper STT, Firestone MT2 (whats on other vehicle), and now the Maxxis. Only 150 miles on em so far but these are the quietest MT's I've owned to date.

fullsizeoutput_384.jpeg

Last edited:
Knowing that the ko2's I ordered is shorter than actually being 33", I'm wondering if it would look too small if I installed my body lift as well as my suspension lift. I think I might just try the 3" springs if they're more like a 32

the only true 33" out of the limited selection of 33x10.5's is the General Grabber which is 33" proper, should net closer to 32-32.5" on vehicle.

BFG's are always 1/2" short out the gate, and the Toyo MT and Maxxis Razr are 32.8".

I opted for the Razr's and will get some measurements on the vehicle today so another data point will be out there.

ETA: I've run BFG MT, KM2, Cooper STT, Firestone MT2 (whats on other vehicle), and now the Maxxis. Only 150 miles on em so far but these are the quietest MT's I've owned to date.

View attachment 246338
How much lift is that?