BFG KM3 sighting

UpperMI

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Jeep released a concept jeep called the jeep J-wagon concept (new JL line). It has the new BFG Mud Terrain KM3.

jeep-j-wagon-wrangler-concept-10-jpg.jpg

cn018_007jpso5ne62kg1fmdn5104qs556gne-jpg-jpg.jpg

Reactions: buck208 and Chris
If you click on the bottom photo it enlarges and you can see the tread and km3 lettering on the tire. It looks pretty good in my opinion.

If you look closely at the lugs as they meet the sidewall, it looks similar to the KO2, but more aggressive.

Reactions: UpperMI
I swore by the original MT'S, I thought they were really aggressive and self cleaned really well, but to me the new K series look less impressive, but that could be because I am old school. I will tell you that my favorite tire was the original Goodyear R/T's if anybody is old enough to remember those, but after they discontinued those, I went to the MT's, and they were my go-to tire for many years. I am not sure I like the new series as much. I guess I need to actually look at them in real life to really judge them.

I like my KM's which are VERY similar to the original mud terrain. From what @bobthetj03 says, the KM2 get really loud as they wear. My KM's only have 10 or 15 K miles on them, so they are still pretty fresh (I bought them used) but so far, they are not loud at all. Little bit of hum, but not bad.

I have had KO2s and KM2s, and really don’t like one more than the other. With that said the KM3 looks to be in the middle of the 2. Any load range will work it just boils down to ride comfort, and I think we can all agree nobody has the same opinion on that. My load range E KM2s are a great ride for ME but not for others. Either way they look great, and BF Goodrich will kill it in sales with these new tires I would assume.

I have had KO2s and KM2s, and really don’t like one more than the other. With that said the KM3 looks to be in the middle of the 2. Any load range will work it just boils down to ride comfort, and I think we can all agree nobody has the same opinion on that. My load range E KM2s are a great ride for ME but not for others. Either way they look great, and BF Goodrich will kill it in sales with these new tires I would assume.

I have had the Goodyear MTR, BFG Km2 and now the KO2. I even drove a TJ that had the duratracs.

I much prefer my KO2’s :)

Reactions: Starrs
I have about 26K on my KM2's. They are loud, cupped, and 2 of them won't balance. Got a pretty good shimmy. Before them, I ran Cooper STT's, before that, BFG's original KM's. The KM's were my favorite out of the 3 MT's I've tried. I'm done with MT's. The KO2 will likely be my next tire. I do like the looks of the KM3, but I'm gonna steer clear.

Reactions: ac_ and Starrs