Big 6” fender flares vs. stock fender flares?

ThatRed97

OK so my Jeep came with 2 sets of Fender flairs, like new factory size and some painted 6” one. The painted ones are starting to peel the paint so I took the off. Which do you guys like better?

31243811-649D-4E80-81FD-61281B5BA8F7.jpeg

FBA0105C-EA59-46D2-85F6-92D8BDA86224.jpeg

I like the look of the stock ones more but I like the functionality of the wider ones. Nothing annoys me more then when I hit some soft dirt and mud starts coming into the cab and on my arm. I have 6 inch flat fender flares myself. A happy medium could be finding stock Rubicon flares since they are 1 inch longer then stock. Because of my dislike for mud flying at me if I was going to choose between the two I would repaint the 6 inch and put them back on.

Reactions: skrelnik
Stock would be my preference over 6" flares too. When I was new to Wrangler ownership, I installed 6" flares to cover my tires and immediately didn't like the look. They were gone within a few months.

Reactions: KCsTJ and Chris
I like the stock flares, but I have a hard time getting used to the look of tires sticking out past the flares. A little bit seems OK, but there's a point where it's too much. Slightly wider flares seem like they might be a good compromise.

Reactions: skrelnik and Starrs
I can see both sides of the coin here , I like the wheels sticking out a bit but alas the law says no ..... I went with the 6 inch flares on mine as the wider stance appeals to me plus less splashing.
Not sure of the law in your State but on looks alone I’d go stock.

I’ve always had the stock flares on my TJ. I like the look of it versus the 6” flares I’ve seen on other Jeeps. I don’t like the splash I get with stock flares, so I would put on rubicon flares if I can find them cheap.

I’d keep the stock flares on for now