California Big Bear John Bull 4/25/21

WSS

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I’m headed up to run John Bull Sunday. I will park at the parking area next to the transfer station close to Baldwin lake at 9ish.

family type run with a picnic in the middle.

I know it’s short notice, sorry for that. My plan is just the one trail. I have GPX files of the trail and the go to and from trails. Let me know if you need those.

I would say 35’s and at least one locker. It is a tough trail. Body damage is possible.

7A486230-984F-40C5-9FC1-48DE0B94C65A.png

Wish I could make it, JB is pretty fun. I wonder what the current condition of its gatekeeper will be. It goes from being extra-hard to barely anything depending on if anyone has been there moving the big rocks around.

You're right that at least one locker is required. After having had automatic lockers on my previous TJ, I did JB in my replacement Rubicon with its selectable lockers. Having been through JB a half-dozen times before, I couldn't figure out why the gatekeeper was being extra difficult that day. After finally getting through it and wondering WTF was so different and if I had forgotten how to drive, I realized I had forgotten to lock either of my new-to-me selectable lockers. :ROFLMAO:

It’s been a year or so since JB. last trip was to Gold mountain. Same thing you mentioned, some of the challenge was gone. The first ledge was broken down to stair steps.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I’m headed up to run John Bull Sunday. I will park at the parking area next to the transfer station close to Baldwin lake at 9ish.

family type run with a picnic in the middle.

I know it’s short notice, sorry for that. My plan is just the one trail. I have GPX files of the trail and the go to and from trails. Let me know if you need those.

I would say 35’s and at least one locker. It is a tough trail. Body damage is possible.

View attachment 245612
We need to link up soon man. I’ll miss this time but I’ll be down to head up there lots this summer 👍🏼