Biggest subwoofer set up in Jeep Wrangler TJ

Drc1340

I’d like to ask out of curiosity who thinks they have the baddest sub set up, and what are your specs. This has been a question for me since I did a massive audio set up in my Jeep Wrangler tj. So let’s hear what set up you got what amp and sub and what watts you’re running. Thanks

Throw out the off-road gear.

And seat.

1D7DBA34-F5F8-4291-9B76-19F624B3C9EE.jpeg

I've been wanting to make a custom aluminum center console to house an audiofrog 10" and the speaker and sub amps. I haven't done it yet, but I will eventually

MMATS 700W amp feeding 45-80Hz to shallow Kicker 8-inch in center console, with Sundown 2KW amp feeding 45Hz and below to down-facing ported Sundown X-15 behind the rear seat. The stereo sounds clean and digs deep at highway speeds with the top down.

Aside from upgrading the alternator, nothing else on the LJ platform needed to be changed including the stock head unit, speakers, and battery.

I’d like to ask out of curiosity who thinks they have the baddest sub set up, and what are your specs. This has been a question for me since I did a massive audio set up in my Jeep Wrangler tj. So let’s hear what set up you got what amp and sub and what watts you’re running. Thanks
So I had put an 8 inch JL sub in the center console with a kicker amp years back...sounded ok until I could get around to doing it properly...This past week I pulled my rear seat gutted it, made all my measurements built a box(actually 2 boxes, the first was a test run and was too tall, the second one was perfect) put 2 10" MTX shallow subs in and powered by the MTX 500 Watt thunder amp...

If you pull your back seat, take the cover off and measure across front and rear, then cut the sides off and clean them out until you just have the out sides with the threaded bolt holes, then weld new flat steel bars to the bottom going across front and rear..that's what the sub box sits on..
My box is 30.5"x19.5"x4.25"(outside dimensions) to fit 2 10" subs with 3.38" mounting depth I used 3/4" speaker rings that i cut out from left over MDF...These rings will also help keep the box in-between the rear bar and seat release bar.

Be sure to use poly-fil in the enclosures, the MTX 10" want .06-.08 cubic feet of air volume, poly-fil will make the subs think the box is bigger than it is and operate accordingly...

Cut the steal round bar that goes across the front, this is nothing more than a foam support which the box will now support, I did separate the 2 internal chambers with 3/4" mdf for bracing so the seat is still fully functional. To finish the install, I shaved down the foam to fit and the rear seat looks stock oh and painted the box with rubber stop leak...

In short
2 MTX 10" subs - in enclosure in the rear seat
1 MTX Thunder 500W RMS Mono block class D Amp - mounted under drivers seat
1 Alpine HD149BT head unit
1 Alpine KTP-445a Amp - mounted on bracket under steering wheel right behind panel(were the factory installed XM(sirus) receiver would be.
4 - Polk DB522 5.25 marine grade speakers in front dash and roll bar...

This system is loud at 75mph with top and doors off ...

I lost no real storage space except that bit under the front seat, I can roll the rear seat up but that does expose my subs so I doubt I'd ever do it unless I put a piece of plywood across to protect them, so I guess I'd lose 1/4 to 1/2 inch of space for the plywood...

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelGH