Bikini Top 101

You're mounting it wrong. All the instructions I ever saw say to first mount the lip in the header. WRONG!!!
Start by LOOSLEY fastening the two middle straps on the back to the sport bar.
Disassemble your door surrounds by removing the "C" clip at the hinge.
Attach the top section to the sport extensions normally.
Connect the sides of the bikini to the surrounds just like you do with the soft top.
NOW you can move around to the front and hook the front lip into the header.
Finish up by wrapping those little velcro straps to the front of the sport bar extensions, connect the main center strap, the side straps, and finally tighten the middle straps.
Should probably take ten minutes.

You're mounting it wrong. All the instructions I ever saw say to first mount the lip in the header. WRONG!!!
For once I read the instructions first 😂
Start by LOOSLEY fastening the two middle straps on the back to the sport bar.
Makes sense.
Disassemble your door surrounds by removing the "C" clip at the hinge.
Attach the top section to the sport extensions normally.
No surrounds.
Connect the sides of the bikini to the surrounds just like you do with the soft top.
NOW you can move around to the front and hook the front lip into the header.
Again, makes sense.
Finish up by wrapping those little velcro straps to the front of the sport bar extensions, connect the main center strap, the side straps, and finally tighten the middle straps.
Should probably take ten minutes.
Now that is 🤣. But man, I hope you're right.
Supposed to get hot mid- week so will bake it first.
Thanks.

For once I read the instructions first 😂
So did I, the first time. I never got it on until I did it this way. It's the same way I mount my frameless top.

No surrounds.
You can wrap the sides around the sports bar. There are velcro strips on it for just that. I prefer the surrounds because it fits better. You can always get surrounds later.

I have surround that I've never used (no softop) so might try that.
Imagine me wrestling with those...
and I do have Bestop uppers on order (specifically for GR half doors).

Last edited:
No. The surrounds go over the padding. The C shaped parts sit on the bar where the open spaces in the padding are. The screw with the handwheel goes through the surround to hold it in place.
Got redundant and started a new thread dang it. Chris!!! Me again.

It's a RockHard cage with no vertical hole for the threaded knobs. I'm assuming OEM cage is different?

PXL_20220522_231947699.jpg

PXL_20220522_232114443.MP.jpg

That's a bummer it's not working out for you. I've never had their bikini but I use their frame less top like a bikini and it works really well. I've been running without windows for about 6 weeks straight.
Hot sun, a patient helper, some head scratching and voila..got it on.
Gonna bake it in the sun for a few days check tightness, then take on the highway to a buddy's for a meet and see how it goes.
Thanks for the tips.

PXL_20220524_014644475.jpg

Last edited:
Is the bikini a two man operation? Maybe 3 for me if I supervise.

Can't seem to get the plastic lip to stay in place more than a few inches before it pops back out, especially when I fold the corners down.

Spyderwebshade or such might have to do.

View attachment 332060
I can handle a bikini with both hands tied behind my back.
1653361408022.jpeg

i have a shittybuilt full bikini top and it goes on fairly quickly once you figure it out.