Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Billet battery tie down

macleanflood

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
This worth $50? I bought van optima yellow top and the factory tie downs don't secure the battery.

Thinking of just welding up a new bar with some scrap steel.

Also seen full cages from other fab shops.

Don't like bouncing ballistic batteries.

-Mac

CharlesHS

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
This worth $50? I bought van optima yellow top and the factory tie downs don't secure the battery.

-Mac
IF you have the materials and some welding skill; creating one is easier on the pocket and more satisfying than buying one.

2001slvrstntj

Cigar smokin, whiskey drinkin, meat smokin, jeeper
Supporting Member
Up to you but from the looks of that don’t need a lot of “skills”. Looks like a piece of flat stock material and 2 drilled holes might do it. Definitely want the battery tied down some how, good luck.

williambmac

TJ Expert
Supporting Member

Not looking to misdirect your post, but if you bought an Optima battery.... you will most likely be replacing it in the near future. The quality of them has gone way downhill.

sycboi

Hemi ‘97
Supporting Member

-Mac
I am of the mindset anymore that if you like it, you want it and you can afford it buy it…

Jerry Bransford

TJ Guru Moderator
Staff Member
Supporting Member

-Mac
I wouldn't even consider a $50 battery hold-down. I've never had a problem with the two different styles of OEM hold-downs that TJs came with and my Jeep has been on some seriously rough WHAM-BAM-DANG type trails.

OP
macleanflood

macleanflood

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Rolled my own...

IMG_20220116_110226567_HDR.jpg

LONGJP2

TJ Addict
I thought Optimas came with the various different style (plastic) hold downs.
My previous ones did.

Also, stop building your Jeep out of a Quadratec catalog. ;)

joelachr

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
When I recently replaced my battery, the factory tie down didn’t fit flat over it. So I replaced it with this eBay part and it works well.

It was about $8 when I bought it. There are a bunch of listings for what looks like the exact same part so you may be able to get it cheaper than the current $12.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
When I recently replaced my battery, the factory tie down didn’t fit flat over it. So I replaced it with this eBay part and it works well.

It was about $8 when I bought it. There are a bunch of listings for what looks like the exact same part so you may be able to get it cheaper than the current $12.
This is the part I used as well - albeit a different seller. I added rubber washers to the J-bolts for some conformity.

OP
macleanflood

macleanflood

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Optima did come with a collection of plastic blocks...played with em for a while and set them aside.

I like those E-Bay hold downs...but I don't like not having a stop to keep the battery from sliding between the j bolts.

Either way...all good suggestions and solutions...off to buy a couple of rounds with the $50 I didn't spend.

-Mac