Billwynburger's 2005 Jeep Wrangler SE

It will do fine on 31's. 33's will definitely need a gear change. I wasn't thrilled with 3.73/31 combo so I installed 4.88's. Works very well, keeps rpms up where the little 2.4 makes the most power. Awesome creeping ratio off road as well.

Don't take lockers for granted. You can get stuck with them as well. Especially when your brain says, "You got lockers, go for it!" :D A winch is always a good to have, if not for you for someone else in trouble.

That's a good point plus a winch looks very cool, piece of mind, you can help someone else and you never know what your going to run into on the trail. Recently I came across a downed tree and I had a very difficult time chopping & dragging a portion of it out of the way. A winch would have been great.

That's a good point plus a winch looks very cool, piece of mind, you can help someone else and you never know what your going to run into on the trail. Recently I came across a downed tree and I had a very difficult time chopping & dragging a portion of it out of the way. A winch would have been great.
Yep, they are good for more than recovery. Moving trees, hauling elk onto a meat pole, etc :D

A winch is good insurance, especially when you run solo like you say you do. You slid off the road....even with a locker you could get high centered on something and just need a little tug off of it.

Hey I saw u have the barricade front bumper, how do you like it? Thinking about getting myself one

Mike,

Nice to see a fellow Detroiter out here my old stomping grounds.

My front bumper is the Smittybilt XRC https://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-xrc-front-tj-yj-76800.html

I wanted nothing less then 3/16 steel, I've read some manufacturers are building them a little thin these days. So far so good I really like it. FYI: Both Extreme Terrain and Quadratec generally have these on sale in October.

Best of luck!

Hey Bill,
How's that Smittybilt XRC bumper holding up? There's one for sale locally on FB Marketplace. While it doesn't have the fog light that I'd like, I sure do like the asking price!