Bilstein 5100s ride rough

that's so frickin funny......quit pickin on the ol geezer.......he means well....so what would you do? go with the Ranchos?
If you filled out more profile information about your Jeep it would help us answer questions. Is this a stock Jeep with the 31’s or do you have a little lift?

• Face Palm
Reactions: rasband
He just needs soft springs and it will all be very fine.
He? I thought for a moment it was a she! If it’s a she pink springs will help soften things up.

comedians........what profile info is missing?
All the modifications done. Which lift and how much, winch, bumpers, spare tire carrier, tire size, hard top. Most of use have 4.0s and your 2.4 is lighter. The overall weight of your TJ is a big factor on ride quality. My 2.5” OME lift rides like a dream off road but is squishy on the freeway. My YJ with a 2.5” Tough Country leaf spring lift rides like a buck board.

comedians........what profile info is missing?
All the modifications done. Which lift and how much, winch, bumpers, spare tire carrier, tire size, hard top. Most of use have 4.0s and your 2.4 is lighter. The overall weight of your TJ is a big factor on ride quality. My 2.5” OME lift rides like a dream off road but is squishy on the freeway. My YJ with a 2.5” Tough Country leaf spring lift rides like a buck board.
all my info is there, I don't know what else you need to know

Reactions: TheBoogieman
that's so frickin funny......quit pickin on the ol geezer.......he means well....so what would you do? go with the Ranchos?

What would I do? I'd do what I AM doing, running the 5100s that came on my jeep. I have bigger fish to fry.

Look at the bright side: these shocks make your jeep handle like a sports car. I can Tokyo Drift with the best of 'em!

all my info is there, I don't know what else you need to know
You're stock, so Just go to Post #20, click on the link, read the charts and decide what travel you want relative to stock height. The information is all right there.

Reactions: pc1p
I had the 5100's on a previous Jeep (JKU) and they also rode like crap. Got rid of them after a few months and got Fox (recommended).

The Teraflex shocks 9550(?) were much worse than the Bilstein.