Bilstein 5100s ride rough

If you filled out more profile information about your Jeep it would help us answer questions. Is this a stock Jeep with the 31’s or do you have a little lift?
Ranchos are still just as mushy on a stocker with 31s as they are on a 4" lift with 35s.

Get better springs.

• Haha
Reactions: Gollywomper
Oatmeal’s mushy too. Some people like it. 🤣
You can toss flavor in to make up for that issue, also things like nuts to fix the texture issue.

There's no fixing mushy ranchos. Mine are mushy too, someday I'll get them tuned to fix that though.

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
You can toss flavor in to make up for that issue, also things like nuts to fix the texture issue.

There's no fixing mushy ranchos. Mine are mushy too, someday I'll get them tuned to fix that though.
You got this! Excited to see how the tune changes things for you.

Me, I can hardly move and tried to release a 2-tab type fitting tonight for the gas tank drop and couldn’t get it. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: rasband
that's so frickin funny......quit pickin on the ol geezer.......he means well....so what would you do? go with the Ranchos?
Interesting. I spoke to Gerald Lee at Savvy who recommends the Fox shocks over the Rancho's. He said the Rancho's are an older technology and not the shock he would recommend. What's up with that?

Interesting. I spoke to Gerald Lee at Savvy who recommends the Fox shocks over the Rancho's. He said the Rancho's are an older technology and not the shock he would recommend. What's up with that?
That’s your first post? Welcome to the forum. I mean zoo.

I had both those shocks. I’m just going to say it’s a matter of preference, and that doesn’t bother me at all.

If you like Fruit Loops, go for it. I like Honeycombs.

Ranchos are a budget friendly option. They aren't an option for those who want a performance shock.

Ranchos are a budget friendly option. They aren't an option for those who want a performance shock.
My experience with the Fox Savvy TJ Tuned shocks provided the performance of driving over a quarter and being able to tell you the orientation of George Washington’s face.

Then, there were rumors that they were not being tuned as before. Experiences varied too widely to just be opinions.

My Bilstein 4600’s and 5100’s provided a more tolerable ride.

Reactions: L J
My experience with the Fox Savvy TJ Tuned shocks provided the performance of driving over a quarter and being able to tell you the orientation of George Washington’s face.

Then, there were rumors that they were not being tuned as before. Experiences varied too widely to just be opinions.

My Bilstein 4600’s and 5100’s provided a more tolerable ride.
I wouldn't recommend and don't run Savvy's tuned Fox shock. I bought/had built Fox coilovers with DSC which were then sent out by mrblaine to his shock tuner. One of these coilovers cost about as much as a full set of Savvy's Foxes. They put a hurting on the wallet at the time but it is some of the best money to be spent on a rig.

If you like Fruit Loops, go for it. I like Honeycombs.
They discontinued my favorites. ;)
cereal.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: williambmac and JMT
4" lift w 33x15x12.5s @ 27 PSI. I'm running 5100s after changing out Skyjackers from PO. I find road ride better/acceptable, way better offroad. Springs are unknown; I'd love to change to MC springs someday.