Bingo1215's 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Bingo1215

A little backstory- When I was very young (Currently 17) I would ride every where with my dad in this TJ, he even had a roll cage welded in to hold my car seat. 😂
But, eventually around 2010 times got hard and he had to sell the Jeep. Fast forward about 6 years I started thinking about a first car, and I began restoring a 1952 Ford F1 that we had, and spent a long time (still working on it) to get it where it is.
I was looking through some old pictures one day and saw some of the Jeep and decided to hunt it down. I spent months trying to find out who had the Jeep as it had moved between many owners. Finally I discovered who had it and after explaining the whole story to him he reluctantly decided to sell. It was so great to bring home Bingo! Luckily the other owners were also just as nice to him and left it pretty much as it was when it was sold. This Jeep means a lot to me and I have a ton of memories as a kid with it, I grew up with this Jeep. It is my DD and takes up most of my free time (as a Jeep should) with maintenance! I hope you guys enjoyed the read!

C2FF6C25-EA68-4156-9483-BA51A854BEF3.jpeg

45C007B0-6851-47FB-8B61-145AF8761F6A.jpeg

8B9AE8FF-D77B-476B-9C94-E13C3EB87DB4.jpeg

4022CE0E-5031-4A68-B61D-5A11AD796F18.jpeg

32D2CDA9-B394-49E4-9725-42F07EEE6A90.png

94A37A3A-9CDC-4B4B-A36B-EBBC0010742A.jpeg

Great story! I have a similar one, but I haven't been able to track the car down. My dad had an early 60's Meyers Manx dune buggy. He sold it when I was about 15. I've been unsuccessful in tracking it down. They say they don't have any records, but I should force the issue. I really liked that buggy.

Anyway, your Jeep looks great! Congrats on getting it back.

Reactions: Bingo1215
Great story! I have a similar one, but I haven't been able to track the car down. My dad had an early 60's Meyers Manx dune buggy. He sold it when I was about 15. I've been unsuccessful in tracking it down. They say they don't have any records, but I should force the issue. I really liked that buggy.

Anyway, your Jeep looks great! Congrats on getting it back.
Thank you, I wish you the best in finding it! Maybe it’ll just turn up in the driveway one day haha!

Reactions: Mike_H
Thank you, I wish you the best in finding it! Maybe it’ll just turn up in the driveway one day haha!
One can hope, but it's doubtful. That car got sold 28 years ago, and I can't find so much as the VIN off it. Don't even know if they have pictures anymore. It's a rare/collectible enough vehicle it should still exist though.

That's awesome! Glad you were able to hunt Bingo down and bring it back into the family. Now, the real journey begins between you and Bingo!!

Great story and I love the poser shots. Welcome to the forum.