Birth of the Gladiator

Pick up, seats 4 comfortably without having to recline the front seats, potential for light hauling... I wouldn't complain if someone offered me one. I'd probably have to sell a newsie's kidney on the black market to afford it though.

While the new Scramblerish Jeep is what it is and may be fine for what it is I have to wonder...

Since the original Gladiator was born in 1962 how many other Grandfathers, with grandkids named after them, were murdered so those kids could be born?

Last edited:
While the new Scrablerish Jeep is what it is and may be fine for what it is I have to wonder...

Since the original Gladiator was born in 1962 how many other Grandfathers, with grandkids named after them, were murdered so those kids could be born?
Yeah, that one lost me. Regardless, anyone paying attention may note that Erik Miller put the Gladiator on the pole for today's KOH EMC stock class.

Reactions: psrivats
Pick up, seats 4 comfortably without having to recline the front seats, potential for light hauling... I wouldn't complain if someone offered me one. I'd probably have to sell a newsie's kidney on the black market to afford it though.

I agree. I’m into it. Personally have no need for a true pickup but a JL or dare I say a ridgeline makes sense. A daily driver that occasionally tows a log splitter and gets mulch and logs a few times a year... I could argue for it.

I agree. I’m into it. Personally have no need for a true pickup but a JL or dare I say a ridgeline makes sense. A daily driver that occasionally tows a log splitter and gets mulch and logs a few times a year... I could argue for it.
If I could swing it, I'd be happy with a JL with a hard half cab. The spacing/ratios on that type of set up just looks "right" to me for some reason.

Do they even make a 2-door or is it only 4-door? Man I bet a nicely tricked out 2-door would look pretty sweet. But i'd never buy one lol. I think i'll take that money and keep my house.

I'd be surprised if they even thing about offering a two door. Heck, I don't even know if I ever see two door pickup trucks less than 10 years old any more.

Considering the vast majority of JKs sold were JKUs, like 20/80 as I recall, I doubt they'd ever make a 2dr truck. It took Chrysler decades of dragging their feet and everyone asking for a truck before they actually, finally, ended up making one as it is.

Hell, on the note of two doors it'll probably be the next generation or maybe the one after that where they stop making them all together. I certainly hope not, even though I don't see myself ever getting anything newer than a TJ again.

That thing is trying SO HARD to be a Humvee. Looks fucking ridiculous.

I will point and laugh at every single one I ever see. Idiodic.

It still won't sell big . I'm telling you .
Not against the concept , but I'm not believing the hype.

I can see why Jeep did it....as there are 'plenty' of 4 door Utes (pick-ups) being sold and they want a piece of the pie... however you would think that somebody would have looked at the final sketch before it going to print...it looks out of proportion to me.