Black Friday Sales

What do you know about Centramatic's? Do these things work? Would they be good for SuperSwamper type tires that are so hard to balance?

I’ve not used them. I don’t know how useful they are.

My tires are unbalanced and run just fine at 70 mph.

What do you know about Centramatic's? Do these things work? Would they be good for SuperSwamper type tires that are so hard to balance?

Read some of the reviews on them as they don't seem to work well at slower speeds.

And I have not found Super Swamper tires to be that hard to balance, that is just one of those haters rumors. There are many larger tires that took a lot of weight to get balanced. As app said I've ran many of my tires unbalanced.

I really like my centramatics and think they make a big difference. I got rid of a lot of speed sensitive wobbles (MTRs).

Do they not help much at slower speeds like I've read?

If there is, I dont notice anything between 0-25 mph. My issues were typically 40-55 mph and they're all gone (unless the MTR is flat spotted, which has happened). I think even their website says changes are noticed above 25 mph or something like that.

Read some of the reviews on them as they don't seem to work well at slower speeds.

And I have not found Super Swamper tires to be that hard to balance, that is just one of those haters rumors. There are many larger tires that took a lot of weight to get balanced. As app said I've ran many of my tires unbalanced.

Well, I've got a set of SS and three of the four tires needed more than 30 oz to balance. So they just used balance beads.

If there is, I dont notice anything between 0-25 mph. My issues were typically 40-55 mph and they're all gone (unless the MTR is flat spotted, which has happened). I think even their website says changes are noticed above 25 mph or something like that.

Do they not help much at slower speeds like I've read?

Yeah, like tworley said. And really you have to get over about 38mph for there to be enough centrifugal force for beads or any mechanism like that to migrate and stay in place on the outer edge of the tire or device. So anything under taht is going to be invisible for the most part. It's why people don't get DW at 35mph, but you see a ton of people getting DW in the 40's.

I’ve not used them. I don’t know how useful they are.

My tires are unbalanced and run just fine at 70 mph.

Well, I've got a set of SS and three of them needed 30+ oz to balance, so that's a little bit of a problem. They don't run fine. One is balanced and the other three have 4 bags of beads. It was the recommendation of the best tire place in E WA and N ID.

Well, I've got a set of SS and three of them needed 30+ oz to balance, so that's a little bit of a problem. They don't run fine. One is balanced and the other three have 4 bags of beads. It was the recommendation of the best tire place in E WA and N ID.

Which model do you have? I've only ever ran biased ply SS tires so I don't have any experience with their radial tires.

Reactions: Irun and Wildman
@JMT I owned a set of Centramatic balancers. But that was when I was desperate to get rid of a wobble I had with a set of garbage wheels. They seemed to work but they were hit or miss. I eventually sold them, and the wheels. I couldn't stand hearing the 'hissing' sound at slow speeds.