Black Sahara wheel advice

Cal

TJ Enthusiast
Hey guys! I have a 01’ black Sahara and I recently got a black BesTop soft top for it and where my original idea was to get a spice colored top for it I really like this black but I’m having a hard time decided on what color wheels or what type to get. I like the idea of a gun metal shade. I guess what I’m asking is if anyone has a black Sahara with black soft top so I can get an idea of how different wheels will look with that combo. Thanks guys.

It's not a Sahara but has a black soft top with black wheels. Lol

IMG_3551.jpg

Reactions: Cal
I've always liked the stock wheels on the '04 Columbia Edition, especially the black version, which is what I have. If you can "imagine" your TJ with black fender flares instead of the dark graphite metallic shown here, perhaps that would be an option for you. FWIW, I saw a set of these for sale on craigslist SOMEWHERE recently:
ColumbiaA.jpg

I’m not a fan of black on black. It’s just too much black. Looks drab to me. Two good options. 1) Aftermarket, I’d choose a wheel with some black and polished aluminum, that will make them pop. 2) Classic, I’d go with a silver Moab rim or Moab look a like

Grant Gilbert at Gilbert Jeeps in Athens has all sorts of wheels. Good guy too .

Look at the wheels in @JMT's avatar. Those wheels would pop on your Sahara!
Yea those are nice I’m just not a fan of them. I like a classic bullet hole or rubicon spoke look. I wish someone had a black Sahara with the polished MT wheels on it so I could really be concrete with how I want my look to be. Haha.

I say go for it! minus the orange in the photo, of course. Get some aggressive tires. Will look great

So my plan is 31” KM3, 1” H&R springs with 5100 shocks, Mickey Thompson Classic wheels. I like this plan. Haha
That will be a tough looking rig for 31’s!

I've got a '04 Black Sahara with black soft top and half doors (man I love those half doors!) I think those will look good. The Mickey Thompson website has a "visualizer". If there's another brand of tire you're considering you might Google that brand name and visualizer.

View attachment 68009

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/visualizer#/year=2018&make=Jeep&model=Wrangler TJ&submodel=M/T&color=Black&wheel=Classic III™ - 15x8 Polished
This is fucking amazing! Thanks man!