Black Sahara wheel advice

@Cal

You're very welcome. When it's time to replace my black soft top I might go with the spice instead of black. If I replace my Ravine wheels I know I won't go with black, like others in this thread have said it's just too much black. I really like the idea of smoothies that @Squatch is going with, but I'm not sure what color I would go with for a black Jeep. But there's no rush, I don't have that money laying around.

Reactions: Squatch and Cal
Not black but I do like the bullet hole rims in polished aluminum. Now I'm running the same wheel as JMT.
IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

Reactions: Cal and JMT
It’s ok. It can be done well, but not often. Part of it is simply that black is difficult to keep clean. So it just always looks dirty. To each his own.

Yeah, no kidding. I've had several black cars and it's a lot of work to keep them looking good.

Reactions: JMT
Yeah, no kidding. I've had several black cars and it's a lot of work to keep them looking good.
Although, I love a black sports car. Hard to beat in many cases. But for a Jeep I love yellow, white and silver with black wheels. For most of the rest a combo of black and silver works well. For some a polished silver looks nice, IMO.

Although, I love a black sports car. Hard to beat in many cases. But for a Jeep I love yellow, white and silver with black wheels. For most of the rest a combo of black and silver works well. For some a polished silver looks nice, IMO.
Ha ha, my first CJ5 was sunshine yellow and made it difficult to hide from the authorities in the woods (don't ask). I prefer dark colors now.

Mine is the CJ5 Renegade, my roomate's is the CJ7. Gotta love them slotted aluminum wheels and Mohawk mud tires.....

FirstJeepOK.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch and JMT
@Cal

You're very welcome. When it's time to replace my black soft top I might go with the spice instead of black. If I replace my Ravine wheels I know I won't go with black, like others in this thread have said it's just too much black. I really like the idea of smoothies that @Squatch is going with, but I'm not sure what color I would go with for a black Jeep. But there's no rush, I don't have that money laying around.

Both of my tops are spice. Recently swapped my black wheels with Rubi's and love the look.

JP.jpg

Reactions: BryanB and JMT