Black with tan soft top

Cal

TJ Enthusiast
Hey guys let’s see those black TJs with tan soft tops. I have a black Sahara with a black BesTop soft top and am thinking about trading for a tan one and want to see how they look. Thanks in advance.

This is the Smittybilt "Spice" color, about 2 years old.

jeep.jpg

Reactions: fourpointzero
I have a 99 Sahara. It's black and came with a tan soft top and hard top. Unfortunately along the way with POs the hard top is gone and the top was replaced with a black top like yours. My wife likes that look, but I think the tan top looks best (on black, green, dark blue or white). Whenever this top needs replacing, I'll be getting a tan top.

Reactions: RonnieS
I have a 99 Sahara. It's black and came with a tan soft top and hard top. Unfortunately along the way with POs the hard top is gone and the top was replaced with a black top like yours. My wife likes that look, but I think the tan top looks best (on black, green, dark blue or white). Whenever this top needs replacing, I'll be getting a tan top.
Yea I just really like the contrast that the tan colored soft top gives to the whole Jeep and, in my opinion, makes the Sahara.....a Sahara. If that makes any sense. Haha. I think I’m going to put some feelers out there to see if anyone wants to trade a black BesTop soft top for a tan one. Can’t hurt to try.

I love this color combination, but "Dark Tan" is a little harder to find, can find black and spice (whatever the hell "spice" is) all day long.

Reactions: Cal
Dark tan is correct. My Sienna Pearl TJ came w a dark tan factory top too. I since sold it for the NX trektop. Wish Bestop offered it in Dark tan. Had to go w the generic Spice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem - Bestop does not make a Dark tan replacement (not that I could find anyway), Rugged Ridge does, not so sure about their quality though and when I select the dark tan on the Quadratec site, it doesn't look like my color, so I'm very hesitant to pull the trigger. Mine, may have 1 good season left... dilemma.

Problem - Bestop does not make a Dark tan replacement (not that I could find anyway), Rugged Ridge does, not so sure about their quality though and when I select the dark tan on the Quadratec site, it doesn't look like my color, so I'm very hesitant to pull the trigger. Mine, may have 1 good season left... dilemma.
View attachment 89246
Yea I want to stick with BesTop but it’s looking like either I have to go with Spice or go with a less reputable brand to get the dark tan. #firstworldproblems haha

@Cal I had a similar dilemma. Wanted the dark tan, but it wasn’t available for my oe frame and I really wanted the NX. First world problems, true lol

I bought the spice color. Yah, its different than dark tan, but eventually the ‘orangey’ color tones down nicely and looks, to me, like a well cleaned dark tan top.

@Cal I had a similar dilemma. Wanted the dark tan, but it wasn’t available for my oe frame and I really wanted the NX. First world problems, true lol

I bought the spice color. Yah, its different than dark tan, but eventually the ‘orangey’ color tones down nicely and looks, to me, like a well cleaned dark tan top.

thanks for the info. Yea the spice looks good on yours and I’ll probably end up getting the BesTop sail cloth in Spice.