Blower Motor Help

Joe7

I have an 06 TJ. The hvac blower completely stopped the other day and the fan speed selection has not been working for awhile either, only works on the highest fan speed. So I have a couple questions on the issue. First, I replaced the blower motor resistor since it was the cheapest and easiest fix at first. Nothing happened so I went to the blower motor and noticed if I played where the connection is to the motor, the fan would turn on. I then changed the blower motor hoping it was either a burn out in the motor or a burn out in the connection of the motor itself. After replacing both the resistor and motor, I still find I need to play with the connection to turn fan on. Upon further inspection, the cconnector that plugs into the motor is burnt up, I will try and attach a picture. I can not find a new connector online anywhere, just a resistor wiring harness. Also, the fan speed selection still does not work, just works on highest setting. So if I have changed the resistor and motor already, is my next step to change the whole switch to resolve the speed issue? Any input is appreciated

AADE2CD9-FFC2-4A75-8C9F-E59127EB41A1.jpeg

On my '99 TJ 4.0 there is a switch behind the fan speed control knob that is most likely the issue with only running on the high setting. As for the wires I don't have an answer. Hope this helps!

I had the connector start to melt on my last jeep. The connection was poor and it was intermittent working. But wiggling the connector made it work. I ended up taking a flat head screw driver and slightly bending the pins inside the connector and putting it back together. It made a better connection.This worked for the rest of the life of the truck.

This seems to be a common problem for the TJs. I tried to find the pigtail for that side of the plug because thats exactly what happened to mine too. If anyone knows where to buy the pigtail, please let me know!!