Bluetooth Speakers

CybrSlydr

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I want a Bluetooth speaker to pair with my phone so I can listen to quality music at night rather than the phone speaker.

Sound quality is top priority. Rock, metal, EDM, instrumentals are all on my pandora Playlist.

Anyone have some suggestions? Doesn't need to be earth shattering loud. Good bass, crisp, and accurate.

Thanks!

I have a Creative Muvo Mini that we travel with, has great sound and surprising bass for a compact speaker and the charge lasts over 8hrs
I also have a Creative D200 in the garage, it is quite a bit larger and requires 110v but it has excellent sound
I don't use my phone for music, I have a Sony NWzx100 walkman for music with my entire CD library on it (over 5k songs)

Last edited:
Reactions: CybrSlydr
Waterproof and portability aren't a big concern of mine. It'll literally just sit on my nightstand, plugged in the whole time.

My phone doesn't have a headphone jack (hate that, thanks Samsung...), so that's why I'm looking bluetooth.

I have the JBL charge 3, really like that but might be bigger and more money than you want to spend. Also have the JBL clip 3, not a lot of bass but way better than the phone alone and both work great to date. Love mobile tunes I can take anywhere.

I don't have any interest in something with Alexa or any of that crap. Less than zero. Last thing I want is Google or something constantly listening and amassing even more personal data.

Reactions: 04solartj
The real problem with this stuff is how easy it is to get carried away. I started looking at some BT bookshelf speakers that are a bit more and then you start thinking, "Oh, get a A/V receiver too, then a sub..." and suddenly you're looking at hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for what started out as looking into a $200 bluetooth speaker. lol

I have a Bose Soundlink, I think it works great. Does a good job of filling the room or the garage when I'm working out there. I'm not a big audiophile though.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products...oth-speaker-ii.html#v=soundlink_color_ii_blue
"No highs, no lows. It must be Bose" ;)

If I expand my price range a bit, I was thinking of maybe something like these.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FKCP7PZ/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I have a Klipsch sound bar and sub back at my parents place and love it. Set these on the dresser at the foot of my bed, use Bluetooth to connect to the phone, they plug into the wall for power... Might be what I'm looking for. Double duty them with my TV possibly? Hassle moving them all the time, but possible.

The R-41PMs are even cheaper.