BMB (Black Magic Brakes) body lift kit available now!

psrivats

Team green shackle
Supporting Member
Just saw these on the BMB website. High quality option for 1.25" body lift pucks available for our TJs courtesy of @mrblaine. Perfect material choice for the application. These won't squish like those stupid polyurethane pucks from other places and damage the body.

https://www.shop.blackmagicbrakes.c...Unlimited-125-BODY-LIFT-KIT.htm?categoryId=-1

1683128707390.png

Real life photos from @Sunny Side Up -

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ody-lift-kit-available-now.70215/post-1322404

Last edited:
I had to Google the word acetol..were the savvy kits made of the same material? I was thinking they were aluminum? It doesn't change anything I'm just curious

I had to Google the word acetol..were the savvy kits made of the same material? I was thinking they were aluminum? It doesn't change anything I'm just curious

Acetal that is in use here in the same category as Delrin (which is a DuPont trademarked name, like "Kevlar") if not the same material. They are amongst the strongest unreinforced technical engineering polymer available in the market. Savvy pucks are aluminium. For the intended application in a body lift, acetal is every bit as good at the metal pucks.

Last edited:
That's fantastic. A quality product from a quality manufacturer. Can't ask for more.

On the way home from running errands, I re-bedded my BMBs. I tried to go with all quality parts when I built my jeep, but I think those brakes and my Swayloc were the 2 best value for money items I purchased for my build.

Blane really puts out some amazing products.

Acetal that is in use here in the same category as Delrin (which DuPont trademarked name, like "Kevlar") if not the same material. They are amongst the strongest unreinforced technical engineering polymer available in the market. Savvy pucks are aluminium. For the intended application in a body lift, acetal is every bit as good at the metal pucks.

A minor but noteworthy benefit to the acetal is that the color is inherent to the material. We can be a little clumsy in the garage and not be concerned about scratching them. These will always be black.

A minor but noteworthy benefit to the acetal is that the color is inherent to the material. We can be a little clumsy in the garage and not be concerned about scratching them. These will always be black.

This is helpful for the rear pucks since show a bit more than others depending on the rear bumper situation.

The black is also what makes it highly UV resistant. My only question I have about this stuff is whether or not it would be beneficial to put out a rust belt option with quality stainless steel hardware in the appropriate grade. The pucks will never rust, or corrode, or collapse, that just leaves problematic hardware.

That's fantastic. A quality product from a quality manufacturer. Can't ask for more.

On the way home from running errands, I re-bedded my BMBs. I tried to go with all quality parts when I built my jeep, but I think those brakes and my Swayloc were the 2 best value for money items I purchased for my build.

Blane really puts out some amazing products.

This is the kit I wanted to do for Savvy but couldn't get the cost of the plastic reasonable against aluminum. Now that aluminum has gone up and plastic has gone down slightly, they are close enough in price to make it somewhat doable.

The black is also what makes it highly UV resistant. My only question I have about this stuff is whether or not it would be beneficial to put out a rust belt option with quality stainless steel hardware in the appropriate grade. The pucks will never rust, or corrode, or collapse, that just leaves problematic hardware.

Honestly I think the greater issue is the nuts/pieces that these fastener screw into. On my old TJ I don't remember breaking any of the bolts when I pulled the body off, but I definitely had the nuts/threaded plates spinning in the body. Therefore I don't think I would bother.

Edit: it's been so long maybe some did break, but either way I had to cut into the box where both rear mounts were and extract the plates that the bolts thread into. Either way, if the hardware is rusting out, the Jeep is probably 90% of the way there.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: JMT
Well that is quite exciting! I don’t think I’m too far off from buying a small body lift, these will be top of the list I think…

But on a semi related topic..if someone had the ability to make precise cuts why couldn't they cut the non concave side down to the desired height?

Because that would be silly since if you can make that cut, there is no reason not to make them from scratch. Once you have them in your possession though, up to you what you do with them. If you have a cannon that shoots 2.5" OD pucks, have at it. Lest we forget though, you'll need new snubber extensions and a new bolt kit if you cut the pucks down far enough.