Boat Speakers

Slaverson

I’m looking to get some 6.5” speakers for my pods in my 05 unlimited and I have been considering boat speakers.

How different is wiring and should I be concerned at all with fitting them in?

I know I have to do a little trimming for the larger speaker size but is there anything else I should be aware of?

Any suggestions?

Boat speakers are just water resistant which means a polyurethane or mylar speaker cone. Most automotive speakers also use polyurethane or mylar speaker cones so there'd be no benefit to paying more just because it says for marine/boating use. If you did end up with boat speakers there's no wiring difference.

Boat speakers are just water resistant which means a polyurethane or mylar speaker cone. Most automotive speakers also use polyurethane or mylar speaker cones so there'd be no benefit to paying more just because it says for marine/boating use. If you did end up with boat speakers there's no wiring difference.
So if I were to just get some vehicle intended speakers, then I could just buy the speaker cones if they don’t already come with them?

So if I were to just get some vehicle intended speakers, then I could just buy the speaker cones if they don’t already come with them?
The speaker cone is the main part of the speaker. It's what produces the sound and isn't purchased separately.

Capture.JPG

FWIW, marine speakers are exactly what I put in my sound pods. Not because they were boat speakers, but simply because I had them on hand, they were in good shape, and were a quality speaker (Jensen) to start with. Goddess alone knows how old they are, but they sound fine. I had to bias my fader control rearward one notch - apparently they're not quite as sensitive as the "Kickers" I put in the dash. But that's what the fader control is for...
Apparently, they're pretty old, I couldn't find the sensitivity specs anywhere, and even Jensen couldn't tell me.