Body lift and motor mount lift install help

D M

CEL free! (again)
Supporting Member
Hi everyone, I ordered the savvy 1.25 body lift, but it came with no instructions :( I also ordered a Jks 1" motor mount lift and will be doing both of those tomorrow. Any tips on what i should look out for, and be careful to do? Also does anyone know where I can get savvy body lift instructions because I cant seem to find them on their website. Thanks!

On the body lift especially, if you feel resistance on a bolt, tighten it back up to help clear the threads of rust. Work them in and out a bit at a time. There is no good way to spray most of them with penetrating oil.

The rokmen body lift video says 11 bolts, but my savvy kit came with 13?? 11 are normal size and then there are these 2 smaller ones?

1578333158902.jpeg

Rubber isolator in this picture

Reactions: D M
The first video he starts with this step at 6:40 min mark. He made it look easy. I think I have heard it is a Pita. My savvy body lift is still in the box.

The extra two are for the front mounts that support the grill.

When you can't find the two in the rear, they're next to the upper shock mounts.
jerry, i am doing the body lift right now and dont know how to do the shock mount, does the body lift puck go under or over the gas tank skid? if its over, how do i get to it

Reactions: tworley
jerry, i am doing the body lift right now and dont know how to do the shock mount, does the body lift puck go under or over the gas tank skid? if its over, how do i get to it
The rear-most body mounts are next to the UPPER shock mounts, you can feel where they go by fishing your hand it over the sheet meal into the opening near the upper shock mounts. It has been years since I installed a body mount, I'm a bit rusty on describing that area but you'll find it by shining a flashlight up into that area, the spot the body mount pucks slide into are, if I recall correctly after 20 years since my last body lift installation, are just outboard of where the upper shock mounts are.

Last edited:
Reactions: D M
The rear-most body mounts are next to the UPPER shock mounts, you can feel where they go by fishing your hand it over the sheet meal into the opening near the upper shock mounts. It has been years since I installed a body mount, I'm a bit rusty on describing that area but you'll find it by shining a flashlight up into that area, the spot the body mount pucks slide into are, if I recall correctly after 20 years since my last body lift installation just outboard of where the upper shock mounts are.
got it, thanks

Yeah those rubber isolators in the corners of the grille are a PITA. I had to use fish wire through them, then pull them through the grill to get them to seat properly in the holes

Yeah those rubber isolators in the corners of the grille are a PITA. I had to use fish wire through them, then pull them through the grill to get them to seat properly in the holes
im doing my bl right now, do the spacers go on top of the isolaters?

Looks like you're doing the BL first, which is good. That way you'll have plenty of clearance when you're lifting the motor and transmission for the MML. Otherwise, you may have to lift the tub to get enough space to get the motor mount bolts to line up with the MML installed.

For the MML, if you can't get the through bolt out on the driver's side, remove the entire bracket holding the motor mount to the engine block. There are three bolts at 45 ft-lbs. Be careful with the bolts if you have to work harder than that to get them out so you don't strip something. Once you have the entire assembly out, you can put it back together with the through bolt coming in from the other direction.

The nut on the underside of the passenger-side motor mount can be tough to get to because the bolt holding the bracket to the engine block can be in the way. If so, you can pull that bolt while you're working on the motor mount nut and put it back when you're done.