Body lift bolt appears to big for hole

Bigmak2118

Supporting Member
Hi everyone,
My body lift and stock mounts were wore out so I grabbed a 1" Daystar BL to replace both. So my issue is...my TJ was missing the grill BL mount when I bought it, rookie mistake but I love her and glad I saved her. Sorry tangent, I was putting the front mount from the Daystar kit on and the supplied bolt appears to be to big for the hole. I tested the bolt at lowes and is a 7/16-14 which is what research as shown to be stock thread on that bolt. I've looked at the hole and the threads look good. Before I buy another thread pattern to try out thought I'd see if anyone has run into this before.

'97 TJ Sport.

Not sure of the specs on the bolt but the stock grill bolt is the same as the four rear bolts.
Yeah, I have 4 of the same length and one about a half inch longer (front grill bolt). I haven't done anything with the other mount, yesterday just had a little time to do the one that was missing but the bolt is too big. Makes no since, right now I'm unfortunately going to trial and error, get a 7/16-20 bolt of the same length from the store and give it a shot.

I recall mine being smaller for the grill 🤔

Been about 5 years though

Hi everyone,
My body lift and stock mounts were wore out so I grabbed a 1" Daystar BL to replace both. So my issue is...my TJ was missing the grill BL mount when I bought it, rookie mistake but I love her and glad I saved her. Sorry tangent, I was putting the front mount from the Daystar kit on and the supplied bolt appears to be to big for the hole. I tested the bolt at lowes and is a 7/16-14 which is what research as shown to be stock thread on that bolt. I've looked at the hole and the threads look good. Before I buy another thread pattern to try out thought I'd see if anyone has run into this before.

'97 TJ Sport.
Well never mind if you see this post please ignore my stupidity I was in a fight with my wife and the sun was in my eyes that day it's not the wrong size bolt there's a broke bolt in the hole. Thanks everyone above for the consideration and trying to figure this out 🤦🏻‍♂️!