Body Lift Conundrum

Tr0ut

Supporting Member
I currently have a 2" body lift on my TJ. The PO put it on and it replaced the stock mounts.
1652996313491.png

I installed a 4" suspension lift a couple of months ago and ordered the Saavy BL at the same time. I plan to eventually run 35s, but need to upgrade my axles first and it will be some time before I have the funds to do that. In the meantime I will just keep the 33s. I got the Crown stock body mounts to use with the Savvy BL and now I can't decide if I should just run the stock mounts for now and install the Savvy BL when I do eventually upgrade to 35s, or if I should just save myself the headach of doing this job twice and install the BL now.

I feel like the Jeep looks like it is sitting too high with the BL and suspension lift and 33s, but mabe I am just being to picky. Any advice?
1652996822068.png

1652996845595.png

IMO, form follows function. Having said that installing body mounts or a body lift isn't difficult enough that doing it twice (especially if there is a good deal of time between) should be a deterrent to waiting.

Reactions: Tr0ut
IMO, form follows function. Having said that installing body mounts or a body lift isn't difficult enough that doing it twice (especially if there is a good deal of time between) should be a deterrent to waiting.
Well I guess you guys are right but he may have to deal with the fan shroud and transfer case linkage unless he’s got the cable.

Reactions: JMT and Hog
I feel like the Jeep looks like it is sitting too high with the BL and suspension lift and 33s, but mabe I am just being to picky. Any advice?
looks bitchin. i have 3" springs rear, 4" springs front with the savvy bl and personally i think it looks perfect with the 33's. you have that extra inch on the springs so i'd wait to put the BL on when the 35's arrive. that's just my opinion.

Reactions: JMT and Tr0ut
Well I guess you guys are right but he may have to deal with the fan shroud and transfer case linkage unless he’s got the cable.
he already had a 2" BL on there before so hopefully that's already been handled.. but good call.

Reactions: Hog
I currently have a 2" body lift on my TJ. The PO put it on and it replaced the stock mounts.
View attachment 331595
I installed a 4" suspension lift a couple of months ago and ordered the Saavy BL at the same time. I plan to eventually run 35s, but need to upgrade my axles first and it will be some time before I have the funds to do that. In the meantime I will just keep the 33s. I got the Crown stock body mounts to use with the Savvy BL and now I can't decide if I should just run the stock mounts for now and install the Savvy BL when I do eventually upgrade to 35s, or if I should just save myself the headach of doing this job twice and install the BL now.

View attachment 331597

View attachment 331598

I hope this makes you look differently at your Jeep. Here is mine with the 4" lift Savvy BL and 31" tyres.

bodylift001.jpg

Feel better about your 33" tyres?

• USA Proud
Reactions: L J
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I think I will run stock mounts for now. Sounds like it should be a huge undertaking to add in the BL later down the road.

The old adage your one stuck bolt away from a project taking all weekend comes to mind.

I might not swap out the body mounts but I might run out the nuts and put some antisieze in there...or see if some is already present.

-Mac

Reactions: JMT and Tr0ut
The old adage your one stuck bolt away from a project taking all weekend comes to mind.

I might not swap out the body mounts but I might run out the nuts and put some antisieze in there...or see if some is already present.

-Mac
Isn't that the truth! All the bolts came out easily. I put anti-seize on the new ones before I rant them in! Should be an easy swap when I go to install the BL.