Body lift install help

red02tj

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Mid body lift and need a sanity check.

I know the side/front pucks go above the washers , but what about the ones by the rear shocks? Do I need to get the puck up and over or does it go on the bottom side?

254A644F-8230-4AD5-8450-0897BDB48719.jpeg

BAD74BC0-E1B7-45AF-AEEF-9FAD38020B0F.jpeg

I just did one myself a couple of weeks ago and did the same as your picture above on all the mounts. The ones your working on now were the trickiest. At some point you just close your eyes and use The Force to get everything to align and the bolt started.

I just did one myself a couple of weeks ago and did the same as your picture above on all the mounts. The ones your working on now were the trickiest. At some point you just close your eyes and use The Force to get everything to align and the bolt started.
Sometime you just need to take a break and make a sandwich, got it done!

PS whomever said BL can be done in an hour can pound sand.
PPS M.O.R.E is on my shit list for saying I could just under mount those rear pucks rather than jack the body higher.

Now I can fix my snubbers.

22C9823A-BF23-49EC-B050-9AE58BB7A61F.jpeg

53B0A2B1-46F2-4862-B72D-99D69429732E.jpeg

2024A883-38D8-4EC1-92DB-0D7C771A8A39.jpeg

I'd tell you to watch some YouTube videos on it, but most of them are posted by idiots that make it harder than it actually is. :rolleyes:
The Rokmen video is good.

@red02tj, did you move your fan shroud so the fan clears? Or did you do a mml too? Either way you will want to check the fan and it's relationship to the shroud or it could hit the shroud, not turn, and you'll overheat next time you're driving around.

The Rokmen video is good.

@red02tj, did you move your fan shroud so the fan clears? Or did you do a mml too? Either way you will want to check the fan and it's relationship to the shroud or it could hit the shroud, not turn, and you'll overheat next time you're driving around.
@JMT Video is good, but missed a few things for the first timer. My issue was, that video and all the other instructions all say multiple times to only lift the body just enough to get the pucks in, which makes sense for the body side ones. The ones by the rear shocks required me to jack up at the rear corner, and much higher than I had expected. One I realized I wasn't going to break anything, it was easier. Plus the morons at MORE telling me to just under mount instead of lifting higher threw me for a loop.

Thanks for checking on the fan, I dropped the shroud (might be a little crooked) but I tested it and was able to spin freely, I'm assuming a ~1/2in out of level won't make a difference as long as the fan spins freely.

2,4,R all seem to work without hitting the bezel and I was able to get into 4wd, H/L without needing the tcase shifter drop.

Reactions: JMT and lBasket