Body lift on top of suspension lift

JensF1

Are there any risks/problems/drawbacks to adding a body lift to a TJ which already has a suspension lift? I'm looking at an '04 Sahara with a 2" OME suspension lift. I'd like the jeep higher to accommodate 33" tires and would consider adding a 1" body lift. I'm totally new with this, so any input is very much appreciated.

Are there any risks/problems/drawbacks to adding a body lift to a TJ which already has a suspension lift? I'm looking at an '04 Sahara with a 2" OME suspension lift. I'd like the jeep higher to accommodate 33" tires and would consider adding a 1" body lift.
No drawbacks to a BL. I had 3.25" total lift on my old Sahara. My bumpers and winch weighed it down a little. I originally had 4" total lift with 33s on my 04 Sahara.
WHITE ONE (1).jpg

SAHARA 03 1 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

No downside at all. I'm running that exact setup, with plans to bump from my current 31s to 33s when I need tires. The OME springs got me ~2.75" of lift, and with the 1" body lift, I'm at just under 4" of total lift.
20210513_141714.jpg

Are there any risks/problems/drawbacks to adding a body lift to a TJ which already has a suspension lift? I'm looking at an '04 Sahara with a 2" OME suspension lift. I'd like the jeep higher to accommodate 33" tires and would consider adding a 1" body lift. I'm totally new with this, so any input is very much appreciated.
Gitter done!

installing an aluminum 1.25" body lift is actually the best bang-for-buck modification and highly recommended

Reactions: JMT
Help me out....MML? not sure what that one means

BL is going to move the radiator fan shroud, you'll need the motor mount lift to realign that. Motor mount lift will actually help your driveline angles since you have a suspension lift installed.

If the previous owner has a t-case drop for the 2" lift, you can remove that as well. Bottom line there's no downside to a BL/MML. Gives you a lot of space to work underneath the Jeep, and everybody loves a bit of buttcrack.

Last edited:
BL is going to move the radiator fan shroud, you'll need the motor mount lift to realign that. Motor mount lift will actually help your driveline angles since you have a suspension lift installed.

If the previous owner has a t-case drop for the 2" lift, you can remove that as well. Bottom line there's no downside to a BL/MML. Gives you a lot of space to work underneath the Jeep, and everybody loves a bit of buttcrack.
Thanks for the explanation

Last edited:
Reactions: LONGJP2