Savvy body lift didn't come with instructions

I don't think this picture is loading right but if so, check this out... pretty bad lolView attachment 34378
I may have found a very simple solution to this affliction. I hope to research/experiment a little with it this weekend. Depends on whether the wife has me working on the hardwood floors, or not. I don't have a body lift on my TJ, but I still think I can get the answers I need from the stock height. We'll see...

Reactions: 2006TJ1 and StG58
I may have found a very simple solution to this affliction. I hope to research/experiment a little with it this weekend. Depends on whether the wife has me working on the hardwood floors, or not. I don't have a body lift on my TJ, but I still think I can get the answers I need from the stock height. We'll see...
music to my ears

Revisiting this-

Can't stay in 4-low, even after adjusting the linkage as much as possible....

what's the solution? do I buy a new shifter cable? or will a motor mount lift address the issue?

Reactions: JeepZilla380
@mrblaine do you know where Savvy sources the hardware for the body lift? I'm having trouble finding a 7/16 - 14 x 4.25" for the radiator support. I lost the original.

@mrblaine do you know where Savvy sources the hardware for the body lift? I'm having trouble finding a 7/16 - 14 x 4.25" for the radiator support. I lost the original.
I'll check and see if I have any. I don't know where they get them except that UDS hardware used to do the prepacks. In the meantime, this would work I think, but I will double check and see what is in the kit.

https://www.nutsandbolts.com/hex-he...x-bolts-hex-head-cap-screws-qty-5-p-1437.html

I do know I have a few extra, just not sure if they are 4 1/4 or 4 1/2. If I can find one, you're welcome to it.

I'll check and see if I have any. I don't know where they get them except that UDS hardware used to do the prepacks. In the meantime, this would work I think, but I will double check and see what is in the kit.

https://www.nutsandbolts.com/hex-he...x-bolts-hex-head-cap-screws-qty-5-p-1437.html

I do know I have a few extra, just not sure if they are 4 1/4 or 4 1/2. If I can find one, you're welcome to it.
Thanks. All the partially threaded ones I found have too long of a shank and not enough threads. That isn't the right picture they list, and they don't specify thread length, so I'm gonna hold off unless I know for sure what it looks like. I may just get a fully threaded one.

Thanks. All the partially threaded ones I found have too long of a shank and not enough threads. That isn't the right picture they list, and they don't specify thread length, so I'm gonna hold off unless I know for sure what it looks like. I may just get a fully threaded one.
I checked the ones in my Savvy kits. They are 4".

Reactions: Tob
Any other surprises when installing the 1.25 Savvy body lift? Such as the gas filler hose and shifter linkage hitting? I know about the fan shroud. We did one on my sons Ranger a few years back and way way back in the day I put a 3" hockey puck lift on my 81 Toyota. Wheeled it hard and never a problem even though I was often told the pucks would crack. I played a lot of hockey and never saw a puck break in half. :)

Any other surprises when installing the 1.25 Savvy body lift? Such as the gas filler hose and shifter linkage hitting? I know about the fan shroud. We did one on my sons Ranger a few years back and way way back in the day I put a 3" hockey puck lift on my 81 Toyota. Wheeled it hard and never a problem even though I was often told the pucks would crack. I played a lot of hockey and never saw a puck break in half. :)
Being the inquisitive sort and also being one who understands how a lot of stuff works, I set about to prove what I suspected would happen if one were to use hockey pucks for something other than getting slapped aboot by some silly folks with sticks. So, I took one and subjected it to or tried to anyway, the approximate conditions it would see when used in a body mount application or seat riser application. Couple of flat plates, tried to get the bolt up to 50 ft lbs of torque and then tossed it over in the corner.

After a bit, the below is what happened. Use them as you wish, they are not a good substitute for a non compressible material.

1649767592091.png

Being the inquisitive sort and also being one who understands how a lot of stuff works, I set about to prove what I suspected would happen if one were to use hockey pucks for something other than getting slapped aboot by some silly folks with sticks. So, I took one and subjected it to or tried to anyway, the approximate conditions it would see when used in a body mount application or seat riser application. Couple of flat plates, tried to get the bolt up to 50 ft lbs of torque and then tossed it over in the corner.

After a bit, the below is what happened. Use them as you wish, they are not a good substitute for a non compressible material.

View attachment 322211
Oh, I have no plans to ever use them today, I just stated they worked well for me back in the day. I guess I should of stated that in case someone thought it a good idea to save a few $ and use these instead of a proper lift block.

Yes, you’ll have to elongate the gas filler tube by inching it off the gas tank. The TCase shift linkage will be wonky so you can try to adjust it or just trash it and go with a savvy cable shifter.