Bolt-on bull bar for stock bumper?

PCs_tj

Hey Im high school kid on a tight budget so i was wondering if anyone knew where to find bull bars that bolt on to the stock tj bumper, my plan is to buy the mopar endcaps then add a bull bar for a budget bumper but have no luck finding bolt on bull bars. If anyone can help thank you and pictures would be awesome thanks.

He will tell you where you can find this bull bar it's real cheap 😬

58761022-b537-46b0-8a1e-dc2faf12a144-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
OP, definitely report back with what you end up getting and how you like it...I've been looking for the same thing recently and just can't see spending $300+ on a bumper right now, especially when every one I've found has one little thing I'm not crazy about. If I win the lottery it's Dirtworx all the way though I think at this point...

I like mine, but it might take me a while to remember the brand. Mounts under the oem hook bolts.
I put it on to see if I wanted a bumper with a bar. Like most temporary solutions, it's been on for quite a while with no issues.

bumper.jpg

There's this. It's a small tube, 1.5 inches I think. It looks good though. It does angle outward or inward depending on how you install it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004JAU0QG/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I have this Warrior bar on the front of my LJ and you are correct, the tube size is 1.5" OD. I had to elevate it slightly due to the winch plate I have but it fit fine and I am happy with it.

picture.jpg

Here it is without the winch. No problems with the fit on an original bumper.

picture.jpg

I have this Warrior bar on the front of my LJ and you are correct, the tube size is 1.5" OD. I had to elevate it slightly due to the winch plate I have but it fit fine and I am happy with it.

View attachment 136035

Here it is without the winch. No problems with the fit on an original bumper.

View attachment 136036
What winch mount/plate are you using and could you post a pic from the side? Thx

What winch mount/plate are you using and could you post a pic from the side? Thx
I used a Warn winch plate which isn't the best if you want to use this hoop. I had one that had been slightly modified by the previous owner of it. The vertical metal where the fairlead bolts to on the Warn plate is "long" in that it extends to about where the driving lights are. The previous owner had hacked into that metal for some reason. I cut off even more metal and the hoop then worked well. As mentioned I elevated the hoop by about 1". I fabricated some plates and welded them to the Warn plate. The angles were necessary because the Warn Plate is elevated. I also had to replace the original tow hooks with Reese hooks.

All of the above worked great but would not have been necessary If I had used a very basic flat winch plate. The Warrior hoop fits fine on the original bumper with or without a flat winch plate.

Here are some pics. Sorry for the "snow" shots and for the poor paint. It was a test fit and I later fixed that. I did all of this about 3 years ago and everything has worked well.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Instead of the end caps, you could cut the factory bumper. Might give you the look you want, and cheaper.

I agree. The above pics of my bumper show mine with 3.75" cut off of each end and angled as original to accept the MOPAR end caps.

Last edited:
Reactions: matkal