Colorado Book Recommendation (Those of You Who Wheel in Colorado)

WLDRIDE

WLDRIDE
Supporting Member
Those of you who wheel in Colorado, do you recommend this book? Thanks.

Book.jpg

I have both the Arizona and the southern Colorado books and I think they are very good.

Reactions: WLDRIDE
The one for the south of Colorado is a good one. It's descriptions were pretty spot on for Ophir, Imogene, Engineer, and Black Bear. That's all we had time for this year, then we headed to Utah

I bought my copy last year to help plan a Colorado trip. It is a great resource. My book is the "Third edition". They also have a good website with .gpx tracks that can be loaded into your GPS, phone, or tablet.

IMG_8210.jpg

IMG_8211.jpg

Both of Wells' books are a good start. A good build on 33s puts you into the extreme category, with a couple exceptions like Penrose.

I like the Massey books more because he gets into the history of the trails. Trailsoffroad.com is the best online resource that I am aware of.

Both of Wells' books are a good start. A good build on 33s puts you into the extreme category, with a couple exceptions like Penrose.

I like the Massey books more because he gets into the history of the trails. Trailsoffroad.com is the best online resource that I am aware of.
What is the title of the Massey books

Wow! That looks awesome but it's $75.00

I bought my set many years ago. Maybe check the local brick and mortar stores. I still see these books for sale in the wheeling areas. Book stores, gift shops, gas stations...

I think the reason I use the Charles Wells book more often is because it shows the trails rated above a 5 and the others are for the most part rated 5 and under.